Windows 10: UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT BE STOPPED

Discus and support UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT BE STOPPED in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why the update service cannot be stopped? I am tired of every time I turn my laptop on the update service slow down the internet speed and some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by luiscaselli, Feb 9, 2019.

1. UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT BE STOPPED

Why the update service cannot be stopped? I am tired of every time I turn my laptop on the update service slow down the internet speed and some programs crush. I used to stop the service and disable it before it started to run at full but now I can't do that anymore. I want to take control back of my laptop. It is my laptop and Microsoft can't tell me what to do and when to do it.

:)

luiscaselli, Feb 9, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 9, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT BE STOPPED :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT BE STOPPED

Windows Update - Service registration is missing or corrupt

Hi Nitya,

Upon analyzing the details and the troubleshooting steps you have done so far, we suggest that you
    manually reset your Windows Update Components
    by following these
    troubleshooting steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
      your computer and try to
      install Windows Update.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT BE STOPPED

1. UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT BE STOPPED - Similar Threads - UPDATE SERVICE CANNOT

2. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Diagnostic Policy Service starts and then stops, cannot be started.: The Diagnostic Policy Service DPS is set to automatic, but it won't run. It starts and immediately stops. When I try to start the service manually, I get the message that "The Diagnostic Policy Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. The windows network...
  3. Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.: Hello, for something I'm working on I need to be able to stop and start the DHCP service. However, I am unable to do so because when I tried to attempt to stop the service I get "Access is denied" and "System error 5 has occurred". I do not believe the problem is because...
  4. Can't Stop Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Stop Windows Update Service: Recently I was trying to update Windows to 2004 using the update menu in settings. It got stuck at 90% and wouldn't move. Eventually I restarted the computer. The update manager then was stuck with an Error Code 0x80080005. I attempted to fix this using the solution detailed...
  5. How to stop Update Orchestrator Service

How to stop Update Orchestrator Service: How do I stop Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service? I have tried almost every available way but did not work, tried to stop it from services, gpedit, regedit, task manger, and now CPU usage is 75%....
  6. The Windows Update service could not be stopped

in Windows 10 News
    The Windows Update service could not be stopped: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are trying to stop Windows Update service using Command Prompt, but you receive a message The Windows Update service could not be stopped, here is what you can do to stop the Service. This message appears only when [...] This post The Windows Update...
  7. Cannot update service provider

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot update service provider: They tell me I need to have windows sync this and may need permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-service-provider/dde7cc97-94f3-4ebf-aa82-84a1c58cf363
  8. I cannot stop/modify Windows update service

I cannot stop/modify Windows update service: I use windows 10 .As i have limited internet I normally disable windows update service(services->windows update) ,but today it didnt go as usual now i cannot interact with windows update service i cannot disable or stop it. And updater is running and i do not want that to...
  9. Stopping services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopping services: Hello, Dear Sir/Madam i have Windows 10 pro and want to give me a list of the services within the Windows 10 that can be switched off in order to have a better performance to your computer. I don't use all services and eat resources in vain in Windows 10 pro expect answer!...
  10. Windows update service stops repeatedly

Windows update service stops repeatedly: We have a lot of Windows 10 computers throughout our organization where the Windows Update service repeatedly stops. The service's startup type is set to automatic. What would cause the service to stop? Will a scheduled Windows update run with the service stopped?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the windows update service could not be stopped