Windows 10: update service was shutting down

Discus and support update service was shutting down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; err on getting update on pc how do i fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by corey007, Aug 4, 2020.

1. corey007 Win User

update service was shutting down

err on getting update on pc

how do i fix it?

:)

corey007, Aug 4, 2020

2. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 4, 2020
  3. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Aug 4, 2020
  4. update service was shutting down

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

update service was shutting down

1. update service was shutting down - Similar Threads - update service was

2. system service exception when shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system service exception when shutting down: system service exception https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-service-exception-when-shutting-down/aa1692ed-c343-4e83-abd4-e2ce4b87fe4e
  3. Unable to complete the update because the update service is shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete the update because the update service is shutting down: Have the programmer that shuts the update service off while updating get another job. This is stupid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-complete-the-update-because-the-update/51b38c9f-0da4-479c-9116-2335c4ebe0ec
  4. We could not complete the installation because an update service was shutting down

We could not complete the installation because an update service was shutting down: My windows update doesn't work properly please help I'm running Windows 10 64 bit version 2004[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-could-not-complete-the-installation-because-an/368007b9-ae06-4c9f-be24-efb032f47cb7
  5. We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down

in Windows 10 News
    We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering the Windows update error message We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down when upgrading your Windows […] This article We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down first...
  6. Windows update service shutting down.

Windows update service shutting down.: Windows update shows me this error message. What should i do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-service-shutting-down/8c837a0e-c1c3-471a-92eb-5a778404071d
  7. Update and shut down...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shut down...: This has been bugging me for years. I don't even know if it's a bug or if this is on purpose. When i press "Update and shutdown" i want my computer to finish the update and then shut down. This has never happened for me it always without fail updates and then restarts the...
  8. Shut down and Update

Shut down and Update: Hi, my sister's computer she did an update and then shut down but the computer says shutdown with circle going aroungd for quite some time ? What does this means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-and-update/c5aa5d9b-f71e-4714-a7a5-776f241233ed
  9. Update Service down?

Update Service down?: Lenovo X230 Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 Trying to check for updates - every time I get "error encountered" - We couldn't connect to the Update service. We'll try again now. Check you are connected to the internet. Yes the machine IS connected to the...
  10. Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Service Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, I have the same problem regarding the audio service shutting (windows 10 pro) down for no reason. This is what i tried so far: 1-) uninstalling the driver and restart. The driver version 6.0.1.8551 ( Realtek high definition audio) 2-) Stop and restart the audio...