Windows 10: Update setting not opening or loading

Discus and support Update setting not opening or loading in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I open my setting on the windows 10 and when i try to open Update & security. It doesnt open or when in opens, the update window is the only section... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edi_779, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Edi_779 Win User

Update setting not opening or loading

I open my setting on the windows 10 and when i try to open Update & security. It doesnt open or when in opens, the update window is the only section that doesn’t load.

:)

Edi_779, Jul 23, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 31, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jul 31, 2020
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Update setting not opening or loading - Similar Threads - Update setting opening

2. Windows update setting not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update setting not loading: When I went into my settings today to check if there were any windows updates, the window would not load screenshot below. I would wait for over an hour and nothing has changed. I already did a SFC scan and it found nothing wrong with the system....
  3. Windows update setting not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update setting not loading: When I went into my settings today to check if there were any windows updates, the window would not load screenshot below. I would wait for over an hour and nothing has changed. I already did a SFC scan and it found nothing wrong with the system....
  4. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings: For a couple of days, I've noticed that windows updates settings don't loadTroubleshooting steps I've taken:1. I've rolled back to a previous update2. I've also ran windows update troubleshooter in troubleshooting options....
  5. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings: For a couple of days, I've noticed that windows updates settings don't loadTroubleshooting steps I've taken:1. I've rolled back to a previous update2. I've also ran windows update troubleshooter in troubleshooting options....
  6. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Update settings not loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update settings not loading: My windows update settings have not been loading for some time now and I have tried everything I could find to try and fix this but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help with this?...
  8. windows update not loading on settings

windows update not loading on settings: HI HOW DO I FIX THIS ISSUE THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-not-loading-on-settings/9bf3bc37-cfb9-43f2-8daf-453ccc660c97
  9. windows update settings not loading

windows update settings not loading: the windows update settings isn't loading and troubleshooter can't detect any problems. i've also tried scanning the computer using the command prompt, but it didn't detect any problems either. this is affecting my microsoft store because i can't download anything it said...
  10. Windows Update not loading in Settings

Windows Update not loading in Settings: Hi, so I've just encountered a problem recently. Windows Update is not loading in Settings. [ATTACH]Can someone please tell me how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-not-loading-in-settings/3b8926e7-e136-4a2b-bbca-a3c84e530c4d