Windows 10: Update settings

Discus and support Update settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I set my updates for a certain time of day?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CynthiaR58, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Update settings

How do I set my updates for a certain time of day?

:)

CynthiaR58, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 12, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Update settings

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Update settings

1. Update settings - Similar Threads - Update settings

2. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  3. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  4. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  5. Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11

Quick Settings Media Controls not updating and matching currently playing media in Windows 11: I don't know why this keeps happening but for some reason, the quick settings isn't displaying the currently playing media that Spotify is showing. There is something wrong with the quick controls as the Moderflyouts app reports it correctly and on Windows 10, the audio...
  6. I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...: My taskbar is now transparent. I don't want to have to roll the cursor over my clock to see what time it is or over a window to see which one it is.I installed yesterday's update and it's messed up my display. Going into settings/preferences/colors and untoggling the...
  7. I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...

I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...: My taskbar is now transparent. I don't want to have to roll the cursor over my clock to see what time it is or over a window to see which one it is.I installed yesterday's update and it's messed up my display. Going into settings/preferences/colors and untoggling the...
  8. Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.: In my settings the windows malicious removal tool update, I waited 20 minutes and the percentage of update installen is still 0%. The update is not happening and is stuck on only 0%....
  9. Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.

Windows malicious software removal tool taking so much time to install on settings update.: In my settings the windows malicious removal tool update, I waited 20 minutes and the percentage of update installen is still 0%. The update is not happening and is stuck on only 0%....
  10. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...