Windows 10: update side effects

Discus and support update side effects in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some weeks ago my headphones stopped working. I assumed they were defective and perhaps they are. My on-board audio still worked fine. Then, two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CraigSnydergx, Dec 4, 2019.

1. update side effects

Some weeks ago my headphones stopped working. I assumed they were defective and perhaps they are. My on-board audio still worked fine. Then, two days ago I discovered that I had no audio at all. No audio devices, no sounds possible. I surfed a little and read that a recent update was likely to have caused it. I downloaded and updated the latest update. Still no audio and no audio devices detected, not even on the motherboard. In addition - I had downloaded Win 7 style games. They had been unpinned from my task bar during the update. I found them in a folder named Windows.old. Now when I click on them nothing happens. I right clicked and chose "Run as Administrator" but nothing happens. No message appears or anything. I know this happened during the update. I'm concerned as to what else I am going to discover that was deactivated during this update. This is concerning. If this is the result of the update as it appears to be, the Microsoft team should do better than this.

:)

CraigSnydergx, Dec 4, 2019

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 4, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond update side effects :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 4, 2019
  4. wolf Win User

update side effects

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

wolf, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

update side effects

1. update side effects - Similar Threads - update side effects

2. Mica effect not updating/refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mica effect not updating/refreshing: The mica effect on my apps' titlebar, the settings app, file explorer, etc. are not updating when the background image updates slideshow. I have tried updating my graphics card driver, but that didn't work. The specs are: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20...
  3. Mica effect not updating/refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mica effect not updating/refreshing: The mica effect on my apps' titlebar, the settings app, file explorer, etc. are not updating when the background image updates slideshow. I have tried updating my graphics card driver, but that didn't work. The specs are: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20...
  4. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  5. Is Not Connecting to Internet a Side Effect of Non Activated Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Not Connecting to Internet a Side Effect of Non Activated Windows?: Is Not Connecting to Internet a Side Effect of Non Activated Windows? submitted by /u/ItsLightning17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji1475/is_not_connecting_to_internet_a_side_effect_of/
  6. Side effects/questions converting an MS account to a local account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Side effects/questions converting an MS account to a local account?: I have had some annoying MS account related issues on our new laptop (whilst our desktop works fine with our family accounts). See User account and family issues. It's made me consider on the laptop to convert my main administrator MS account login to a local account and...
  7. Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?: There is a fairly well know security package that is causing some users problems on Win 10 AU - browser connections get blocked. (Other TCP/IP connectivity is unaffected - just browsers.) A user of the product found that releasing and renewing DHCP-provided IP address - i.e.,...
  8. Updates cause side-to-side configuration error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Updates cause side-to-side configuration error: This problem appears after the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3198586) update. After the update, several applications will not run - the error stating "its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" Deleting the update resolves the...
  9. Was there an update effecting pointer-speed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Was there an update effecting pointer-speed?: Was there a new update (I noticed today) affecting pointer-speed or acceleration? My mouse's speed is wonky. I know I how to change it, but it's kind of annoying to figure out where it was earlier (both in speed and acceleration amount). I'd like to know if it's an MS...
  10. Clean install side effect: 15025.0 to 15063.0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install side effect: 15025.0 to 15063.0: When creating a network switch shortcut after a clean install, All Control Panel Items icon show up each time a flash drive is introduded. It also comes and go for no reason. The only way to get rid of it, is in Task Manager/Windows Explorer/Restart or when removing or...