Windows 10: Update stops at 30%

Discus and support Update stops at 30% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer will not install the latest update. It hangs at 30% every time I try it. Is there anything else I can do to get the update to work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaptainHunt, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Update stops at 30%

My computer will not install the latest update. It hangs at 30% every time I try it. Is there anything else I can do to get the update to work?

submitted by /u/CaptainHunt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CaptainHunt, Dec 1, 2020

2. Upgrading to creators update stops at 30% and reverts

Steps to take:

1. In device manager disable nVidia display adapter if you have also Intel graphics there
    2. Do a FULL disk Cleanup on C drive
    3. In Task Manager disable ALL Startup items
    4. In C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads delete ALL Files and folders
    5. In System Configuration disable ALL NON MS services
    6. Reboot
    7. In Windows defender manually update virus definitions
    8. In Windows defender and all other AV apps, disable ALL AV capabilities
    9. Try to Update again
    10. If update succeeded, then enable AV, startup items, NVidia display adapter(should be online already) and non Windows Services you disabled.

If you need screenshots or help with any of the steps and where to find the right tool for the right job, then drop us a line. Update stops at 30% :)

slicendice, Dec 1, 2020
  3. wpte Win User
    Upgrading to creators update stops at 30% and reverts

I tried your advice again and TADAA windows upgraded *Biggrin
    Thank you sir!

wpte, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Update stops at 30%

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Update stops at 30%

1. Update stops at 30% - Similar Threads - Update stops 30%

2. Windows update stops at 20-30% with 0x8000ffff since 9 month or so.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stops at 20-30% with 0x8000ffff since 9 month or so.: I've tried a bit everything I saw on google, and I think the last time it managed to do an update was in january 2023, 9 month ago, 21H1did chkdsk, all windows defender scans, troubleshooting ect...Thanks for any help...
  3. Windows update stops at 20-30% with 0x8000ffff since 9 month or so.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update stops at 20-30% with 0x8000ffff since 9 month or so.: I've tried a bit everything I saw on google, and I think the last time it managed to do an update was in january 2023, 9 month ago, 21H1did chkdsk, all windows defender scans, troubleshooting ect...Thanks for any help...
  4. Windows update stops at 20-30% with 0x8000ffff since 9 month or so.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update stuck at 30%

Update stuck at 30%: My laptop has dual-boot, Windows 10, and Ubuntu 20. Today I tried the update file provided on the Microsoft website, but unfortunately, when it tries to reboot to complete the update it stuck at 30% and I cannot enter into Windows. Note: I can use Ubuntu with no problem....
  6. Update stuck on 30%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update stuck on 30%: Hi. My computer started updating a few hours ago, and it was going well, it restarted itself multiple times as it said it will, but when it reached 30% it stopped. It's not frozen since the loading animation is working, but it's been on 30% for hours now. It's done that...
  7. Working on updates 30%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Working on updates 30%: My laptop won't update no matter what I do. It restarts just fine several times, but after the last restart when it says "Working on updates 30%", the circle is just spinning, but it doesn't progress at all. I left it for the night, and it still didn't budge in the morning. I...
  8. Windows update stuck at 30%

Windows update stuck at 30%: This has happened multiple times before. I'm just stuck sitting at a spinning wheel and a number that never changes. Maybe it's working right. Maybe I need to wait another three hours. Maybe it's stuck. I have absolutely no way of knowing, and it drives me crazy....
  9. Update hangs at 30%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update hangs at 30%: Hello, Every Microsoft update that I have whenever I restart my PC it always hangs at 30% and the little loading icon freezes, does anybody else have this issue or is it just me? Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. 16444
  10. Upgrading to creators update stops at 30% and reverts

Upgrading to creators update stops at 30% and reverts: Hi, At the moment I'm on Windows 10 pro version 1607 with all normal updates installed. I upgraded my Windows 8 back when the free upgrade started, all upgrades went great up until now. I'm trying to get the creators update to install using the upgrade tool, no luck so...