Windows 10: Update stuck after configuring

Discus and support Update stuck after configuring in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The latest windows update has downloaded, installed, configured and now gone to blue screen saying 'working on updates 0%. Do not turn off your PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GloriaIbbetson, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Update stuck after configuring

The latest windows update has downloaded, installed, configured and now gone to blue screen saying 'working on updates 0%. Do not turn off your PC. This will take a while. Your PC will restart several times.' It has been on 0% for an hour now although the blue dot circle keeps turning. Is there anything we can do?

:)

GloriaIbbetson, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Configuring updates Stuck loop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment.

Method 1: Safe Mode.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

If you are able to access the desktop in Safe mode, I suggest you to perform System Restore.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key

• Type rstrui and press Enter.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Note: System Restore will take back your computer to the date selected during restore process and will remove all the updates and changes made to the computer after
    that date. If the System restore point is before the date of installation of Windows 10 don’t not perform System Restore.

After performing System Restore, restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Update stuck after configuring

Computer Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows

Hi Reegan,

Your concern regarding the stuck on preparing to configure screen in Windows can be due to changes on your device configuration/settings or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build and version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run a full scan (SFC) and run a check health (DISM) command to rule out any issues related to corrupted system files which may prevent your device from starting properly.
    To do this, you can follow the steps on this Forum Article created by
    community MVP ZigZag3143.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Update stuck after configuring

1. Update stuck after configuring - Similar Threads - Update stuck configuring

2. Configuring Windows stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configuring Windows stuck: My HP PC desktop PC was running very slow. I closed all apps and hit restart, as I've found this usually sorts this sort of issue. Note I haven't run the PC for about 2 weeks - I have McAfee protection installed and it's regularly scanned. When I went to restart there was NO...
  3. Configuring Windows stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuring Windows stuck: My HP PC desktop PC was running very slow. I closed all apps and hit restart, as I've found this usually sorts this sort of issue. Note I haven't run the PC for about 2 weeks - I have McAfee protection installed and it's regularly scanned. When I went to restart there was NO...
  4. “Configuring Update for Windows 10” stuck at 0%

“Configuring Update for Windows 10” stuck at 0%: I went to the settings on the desktop computer and started an update restart as it said i needed to. The dot loading ribg is still spinning and it is stuck at 0% saying Configuring Update for Windows 10 Do not turn off your computer. Im not sure what to do. It has not moved...
  5. Stuck on configuring windows update

Stuck on configuring windows update: How can i fix[IMG] this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-configuring-windows-update/a6c3ea24-48f3-4dc9-aede-56dabacd0c8e
  6. Configuring update for Windows 10 stuck at 57%

Configuring update for Windows 10 stuck at 57%: Hello. Some 1 hour ago, I restarted my computer for the Windows Update process to complete. But strangely, it has been stuck at 57% for some 40+ minutes. Further, my Windows updates itself regularly. So, it is not like I am running some months worth of updates. Also,...
  7. Update configuration stuck

Update configuration stuck: while installing update 2004 my computer got stuck with configuring windows 10 for ghe updates. I have been waiting for over a hour and the obly thing that happend, that my mouse is very laggy and moves very slow. Fast help would be nice since i don‘t want to shut down my pc...
  8. Stuck on 100% Configuring

Stuck on 100% Configuring: After an update my surface pro 6 has been stuck on 'configuring windows features 100% complete do not turn off your computer' for a couple hours. I have tried safe restart a couple of times but it takes me back to the loading screen. What do i do?...
  9. Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart

Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart: After downloading the latest windows 10 update I restart & update as requested. It goes to the configuring updates, don't turn off computer, but is stuck at 0% for a couple of hours. In the end I have to turn off the computer to be able to use it again....
  10. Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart

Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart: After downloading the latest windows 10 update I restart & update as requested. It goes to the configuring updates, don't turn off computer, but is stuck at 0% for a couple of hours. In the end I have to turn off the computer to be able to use it again. I've never had this...