Windows 10: Update stuck at 100%

Discus and support Update stuck at 100% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hp Laptop running Windows 10 home Today my wife turned on her computer and it started an update, no choice it just started. Now it has a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raygo1975, Dec 28, 2018.

1. raygo1975 Win User

Update stuck at 100%

Hp Laptop running Windows 10 home
    Today my wife turned on her computer and it started an update, no choice it just started.
    Now it has a black screen with the message
    It has been like this for over 2 hours. Is it safe at this point to turn it off and see if it will boot or do I have to wait for it to finish?

Any and all help is appreciated.

:)

raygo1975, Dec 28, 2018

2. W10 update stuck @ 100% complete

Hello Gary,

The issue might occur because there might be corrupted or missing Windows Update components on your PC. Did you perform the suggestion of Likhitha V on this
    link?

We'll wait for your update.

Marvin Barc, Dec 28, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Hendry Win User

Update stuck at 100%

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksUpdate stuck at 100% :)

Hendry, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Update stuck at 100%

1. Update stuck at 100% - Similar Threads - Update stuck 100%

2. Update stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at 100%: Working on updates100% completeDon't turn off your computer..It's been like this for several hours I tried connecting it to the internet router by ethernet cable and restart, didn't work.I tried force resetting, didn't work. All other solutions i saw online need access to the...
  3. Update stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update stuck at 100%: Working on updates100% completeDon't turn off your computer..It's been like this for several hours I tried connecting it to the internet router by ethernet cable and restart, didn't work.I tried force resetting, didn't work. All other solutions i saw online need access to the...
  4. Update stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update Stuck at 100%

Update Stuck at 100%: It's been 3 days since I started updating, the process was incredibly slow, but it was installing normally. For the day1, it successfully installed the rest of update, except for the main one. Day2 the main update is downloading at really really slow pace, I waited for almost...
  6. Windows update stuck on 100% ..... data is exhausting but update is still stuck on 100%

Windows update stuck on 100% ..... data is exhausting but update is still stuck on 100%: I've seen that my phone data is exhausting continuosly so i checked that windows is updating but after achieving 100% it still stuck on it its been an hour what i have to do...
  7. Windows update stuck to %100

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck to %100: [ATTACH] I tried to update to the new windows update for this month, but the downloading stuck to %100 for more than two hours, and I don't think it's need that much time, because it's not a big update. I tried to restart and the same problem happen once again. can anyone...
  8. Update stuck at 100%

Update stuck at 100%: My windows update is stuck at 100% and will go no further. I have tried the hot boot, but it just keeps getting back to the same spot. How can I do anything with my computer when I can't get to a functional screen? Thanks...
  9. Update stuck at 100

Update stuck at 100: [IMG] The update has been stuch at 100%. I've restarted my lappy, also tried toggling airplane mode on, but nothing happened. Update stops here only. What do i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stuck-at-100/868e6fe4-ad54-4528-95e1-eb07977197de
  10. Update stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update stuck at 100%: Hp Laptop running Windows 10 home Today my wife turned on her computer and it started an update, no choice it just started. Now it has a black screen with the message Updating your system (100%) It has been like this for over 2 hours. Is it safe at this point to turn it off...