Windows 10: update stuck at 90%

Discus and support update stuck at 90% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after windows tell me to restart the computer, it gets stuck at 90% for more than 10 hours long, and I've tried to update & had this for 3 times, still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Remilion, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Remilion Win User

update stuck at 90%

after windows tell me to restart the computer, it gets stuck at 90% for more than 10 hours long, and I've tried to update & had this for 3 times, still not getting up to date.

current version 1803, attempt to update to 1903.

tried troubleshooting windows update but this happens again after it tells me to restart pc, couldn't pass this 90% process issue, always stuck at 90%, so I had no choice but to restart the computer and let it cancel itself.

so how does this update work anyway, does it download files during the update % screen or what? it makes no sense taking that much long if it install things from hdd, if it does take more than 10 hours at least let me get some clue to estimate how much more longer will it take, is it cleaning up hdd space or extracting files or moving files here and there or checking something else... or is there something wrong with some files... the hdd lamp not even flashing. let me have that clue, a simple '90%' doesn't help.

:)

Remilion, Sep 21, 2019

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) is stuck at 90%

Hi,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with downloading and installing the Cumulative Updates on your computer, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• For how long does the update stuck at 90%?
    • Are you using wired/ wireless internet connection on your computer?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing Windows Updates components.
    Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Disable the third-party anti-virus software and try to create a recovery drive.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily
    disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter.

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all
      in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update
    • Click on Advanced, check mark
      Apply repairs automatically, and then click on Run as Administrator.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

For more information, refer to the Microsoft support article: Cumulative Update for Windows 10: May 10, 2016

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of installing the update for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

update stuck at 90%

Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

update stuck at 90%

1. update stuck at 90% - Similar Threads - update stuck 90%

2. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update stuck at 90: My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in this PC. I cant wait for it to restart but it does not move. Please I need your help....
  3. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update stuck at 90: My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in this PC. I cant wait for it to restart but it does not move. Please I need your help....
  4. Update stuck at 90

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update stuck at 90%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck at 90%: I left my PC to update last night. 13 hours later and it is still stuck at “Working on updates 90%”. I have a 1 TB HDD, and I have plenty of space left. Any help? submitted by /u/Arget54 [link] [comments]...
  6. Working on updates stuck at 90 percent.

Working on updates stuck at 90 percent.: Can someone help me? I already did this many times. Im trying to update my windows to 20h2. My current is 1909. Troubleshooting did not work sfscanner also did not work. Tried using Media creation tool and also windows upgrade assistant did not work. Everytime I update, it...
  7. Stuck on 20H2 update at 90%

Stuck on 20H2 update at 90%: I turned on my laptop today and my HDMI connection wasn't working(Worked night before). So I tried to install latest Nvidia graphics driver but it said 'not compatible with windows version installed' something like that. So I checked windows update and saw version 20H2(Was...
  8. Feature Update 2004 stuck at 90%

Feature Update 2004 stuck at 90%: Last night I my computer tried to install Feature Update 2004 for the 4th time in about 4 weeks - a dismal failure again. It sticks at 90% and I've left it alone for up to 12 hours with no success. Last night I started the update about 7pm and this morning at 9am it was...
  9. Windows Update stuck at 90%

Windows Update stuck at 90%: Woke up to find Windows Update stuck at 90% for hours, should I turn it off? How long is this update supposed to take? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-at-90/aa140983-0d23-4f0c-83ab-aad365c3aa4b
  10. Windows Update Stuck at 90%

Windows Update Stuck at 90%: My computer was acting a bit sluggish so I closed out all of my programs and decided to reboot it. When I did it gave me the option of making updates then restarting which I chose. It has now been over 3 hours, two of those hours stuck on the screen saying that it is at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zoom on a microsoft tablet stops at 90%

2. your phone stuck at 90%

3. windows in place upgrade stuck at 90%

4. your phone app stuck at 90%,
  5. windows 10 updtae stuck at 90%