Windows 10: Update stuck at 90

Discus and support Update stuck at 90 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gerry_larkin16, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Update stuck at 90

My feature update stuck at 90 percent and does nothing in 2 hours now. I cant wait any longer and I have important meeting that I need to attend in this PC. I cant wait for it to restart but it does not move. Please I need your help.

:)

gerry_larkin16, Oct 28, 2022
  2. xxavatar Win User

Unable to upgrade windows 10 from 1803 to 1903, always stuck at 90%

I will try the above steps and will let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

After following the steps, the update has stuck again at 90% and after an hour I turned the laptop off and rolled back to the previous version.

SetupDiag files are here:

SetupDiag - Google Drive

By the way, I have also Malwarebytes Premium installed but didn't uninstall it before I attempted the update of the windows.

xxavatar, Oct 28, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows Update stuck at 90%

Hi Lazerx1

it depends on what update is installing . . .

How long has that been stuck at 90%?

it is probably best to give that another hour, to see if it progresses further than 90%, because stopping a PC during an update, unless you have no other choice is not advised . . .

Give that another hour, and if it is still stuck at 90%, the only option you will have is to perform a hard shut down (press and hold the Power Button on your PC for 5 - 10 seconds), then restart your PC, wither the update will have completed correctly, or
    it should roll back to the previous version . ..

DaveM121, Oct 28, 2022
  4. Remilion Win User

Update stuck at 90

update stuck at 90%

after windows tell me to restart the computer, it gets stuck at 90% for more than 10 hours long, and I've tried to update & had this for 3 times, still not getting up to date.

current version 1803, attempt to update to 1903.

tried troubleshooting windows update but this happens again after it tells me to restart pc, couldn't pass this 90% process issue, always stuck at 90%, so I had no choice but to restart the computer and let it cancel itself.

so how does this update work anyway, does it download files during the update % screen or what? it makes no sense taking that much long if it install things from hdd, if it does take more than 10 hours at least let me get some clue to estimate how much more
    longer will it take, is it cleaning up hdd space or extracting files or moving files here and there or checking something else... or is there something wrong with some files... the hdd lamp not even flashing. let me have that clue, a simple '90%' doesn't help.

Remilion, Oct 28, 2022
Thema:

Update stuck at 90

1. Update stuck at 90 - Similar Threads - Update stuck

2. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  3. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  4. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...: My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates in drives, there are none. I also switched on and off the shutter. still the same issue...
  5. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...: My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates in drives, there are none. I also switched on and off the shutter. still the same issue...
  6. My camera in HP Envy x360 is stuck. It has a light grey background. I checked for updates...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. My update is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My update is stuck: I’m trying to update my laptop ASUS but it's stuck on updates underway. I was looking around and found a update file on MyAsus. And I did it, but it's been stuck for a very long time. Here's a photo:...
  8. My update is stuck

My update is stuck: I’m trying to update my laptop ASUS but it's stuck on updates underway. I was looking around and found a update file on MyAsus. And I did it, but it's been stuck for a very long time. Here's a photo:...
  9. I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed: I update my computer using windows 10 update assistant and just after my computer crashed and was stuck in a crash loop. I tried putting the iso of windows 10 but it was still stuck in a crash loop...
  10. I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed: I update my computer using windows 10 update assistant and just after my computer crashed and was stuck in a crash loop. I tried putting the iso of windows 10 but it was still stuck in a crash loop...