Windows 10: Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data.

Discus and support Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently on 1909 and recently windows 2004 update appeared on the windows update section maybe 2 days ago . I tried downloading it, but every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dirk6799, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Dirk6799 Win User

Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data.

I am currently on 1909 and recently windows 2004 update appeared on the windows update section maybe 2 days ago . I tried downloading it, but every time I tried to download it, the update got stuck at "getting things ready" 0%, it didn't even move a bit, just 0%. I checked my connection and I came to know that the laptop consuming the data so fast and a total of 1.2gb was shared with the laptop. I wasn't doing anything else on the laptop but it was consuming the data. Then I tried solving it on cmd and the commands that I used are

1.net stop wuauserv

2.net stop bits

And then I removed files from c/windows/SoftwareDistribution

Then I started the wuauserv and bits but nothing really helped. This time around, it consumed additional 1.5 gb but still stuck at getting things ready at0%.

:)

Dirk6799, Jul 20, 2020

2. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Jul 20, 2020
  3. windows update from 1809 to 1909 windows 10

i am not able to update my windows 10 version 1809 to version 1909 whenever i try to update it shows getting things ready 0% and consumes a lot of data but still no download is done its stuck on 0% please guide me through .

deepakbhardwaj3, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data.

Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data.

1. Update stuck at getting things ready 0% and consuming a lot of data. - Similar Threads - Update stuck getting

2. Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%': Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-update-stuck-in-getting-things-ready-70/0ff9216b-e3a8-44bd-83fe-25a3d8ccdecd
  3. update status stuck at Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Getting things ready - 0%

update status stuck at Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Getting things ready - 0%: I have started updating the windows 10 1903 to 1909 so at the time when it is showing that Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 Getting things ready - 0% and it stucks at there [ATTACH]...
  4. Factory reset stuck on getting things ready

Factory reset stuck on getting things ready: I've started a factory reset on my laptop. It's been like an hour and it's still stuck on the Getting things ready screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-stuck-on-getting-things-ready/5627fc9f-ec19-452a-b6d4-e22185521cc0
  5. How to get it off of 'Getting things ready - 0%'?‍♂️

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get it off of 'Getting things ready - 0%'?‍♂️: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CityKid2100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifehfm/how_to_get_it_off_of_getting_things_ready_0/
  6. Updates stuck on getting things ready 0%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates stuck on getting things ready 0%: I'm trying to update after reading about the whole malware thing. I'm still on 1809 and can't get my pc to update on it's own. Too stupid to figure out on my own. pls help submitted by /u/brueglasshues [link] [comments]...
  7. Updates are stuck at Pending, Downloading - 0%, or Getting things ready -0%

Updates are stuck at Pending, Downloading - 0%, or Getting things ready -0%: I have not found any way to force these updates to download. I cannot seem to find the direct file to download myself. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-are-stuck-at-pending-downloading-0-or/a9597ba4-4dcb-426c-9f21-e2b1211656db
  8. WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready"

WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready": My Windows Update program gets stuck at "getting things ready" process. I recently reset my laptop with Microsoft Defender to solve existing update problem, but new situation came up. Troubleshooter couldn't find problems, SFC and DISM indicated no problem, BITS is on, so I...
  9. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data: Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks...
  10. Stuck on - Getting a few things ready

Stuck on - Getting a few things ready: Hello, I am hoping I have come to the right place because I have been browsing through your forms and it looks like good feed back! I am having an issue with creating an ISO for windows 10. I have windows 10 already on this laptop; however when I was doing a reset on my...