Windows 10: Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix

Discus and support Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am setting up a new laptop running Windows 10. After getting everything installed, I had updates prompted when I went to restart. The update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterOrvetti, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix

Hello,

I am setting up a new laptop running Windows 10. After getting everything installed, I had updates prompted when I went to restart. The update process gets to 38% and stays there for a while, then I get an error message and the computer reboots. On reboot, the update is at 35% then rises to 38% and the problem happens again, over and over. I cannot get to the login screen and have not been able to get past this loop. How can I stop it?

:)

PeterOrvetti, Jan 1, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Jan 1, 2021
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Xzibit Win User

Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix

1. Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix - Similar Threads - Update stuck cannot

2. cannot get updates for windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot get updates for windows: My windows update is not working. I need assistance because my windows is slow and will not open certain apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-updates-for-windows/4a75bd86-cc94-450d-9388-bf0e21421b20
  3. cannot get updates for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot get updates for windows: My windows update is not working. I need assistance because my windows is slow and will not open certain apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-updates-for-windows/4a75bd86-cc94-450d-9388-bf0e21421b20
  4. cannot get updates for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 update gets stuck how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update gets stuck how can I fix it?: Hi I have been trying to update my Gigabyte Laptop since windows 11 came out to no avail. I even called Microsoft and they couldn't help fix the issue so Here goes. My laptop meets all the requiremens for the 11 update however after downloading the update and I click update...
  6. Windows 11 update gets stuck how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update gets stuck how can I fix it?: Hi I have been trying to update my Gigabyte Laptop since windows 11 came out to no avail. I even called Microsoft and they couldn't help fix the issue so Here goes. My laptop meets all the requiremens for the 11 update however after downloading the update and I click update...
  7. windows update getting stuck

windows update getting stuck: Windows update getting stuck at "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 status : Downloading - 100%". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-getting-stuck/d76cb1ee-457a-4c17-ba80-ec2e4415de5d
  8. The update gets stuck

The update gets stuck: The update is stuck at 0%. And none of the other facilities are starting, presumably because of this. The Windows Update Troubleshooter does not help: it tells me to use administrator privileges, but when I click on that button and give it an administrator password, nothing...
  9. Updating gets stuck

Updating gets stuck: I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and Windows Update tells me that there are available updates. One of these is Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1. Firstly, I don't have VS 2010 on my machine - I removed it ages ago. So why does it want a service...
  10. Getting an error when updating and cannot fix it

Getting an error when updating and cannot fix it: Attached you will see the error I am getting now when attempting to update. This just happened 2 days ago to me and I've never had an issue at all ever updating. Can someone tell me how I might resolve this? I did look it up and attempted many fixes that were suggested...