Windows 10: Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

Discus and support Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I received a notification that my version of windows 10 needed to be updated. I restarted my PC as instructed at approximately 10pm. By 2am, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasonInkster, Sep 17, 2020 at 1:27 AM.

1. Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

Hi,

I received a notification that my version of windows 10 needed to be updated. I restarted my PC as instructed at approximately 10pm. By 2am, the update was at 30%. It has remained on this for the last 12 hours. Do I just let it continue and see if the update finishes or do I need to try and restart my PC. The version of Windows I have is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. The PC is regularly updated. Any help would be appreciated. Note: I have a external HDD where scheduled back ups are stored. However, I have had to try and reboot from this HDD before.

Regards

Jason

:)

JasonInkster, Sep 17, 2020 at 1:27 AM
  2. Time Lady Win User

My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours

Just to clear up any confusion: your question states the update has been stuck for 12 hours yet you further state the update began 1:30 & hadn’t completed by 3:30, this is only 2 hours; can you confirm if it’s 12 or 2 hours?

Depending on how many updates are required & the version previously installed before the update it can take a few hours.

Has the update completed now?

3. My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours

Mine's currently in the same situation -- stuck at 91%.

My difference: I started this yesterday morning. Five hours later I checked back and it was stuck at 91%. When I didn't see it move for 30 minutes I restarted the machine. It rolled back the update (finally) and I was able to get it going again. I ran
    the update troubleshooter and it couldn't find anything wrong.

When I finally convinced it to start the update process again last night I'd hoped it was resolved but this morning (9 hours later) it's stuck at 91% -- the exact same spot -- again. The little process wheel is still spinning and the HD light does occasionally
    flicker, but this seems a bit much. I've never had an update take this long.

I was (am?) running 1809.

WilliamJaeger1, Sep 17, 2020 at 1:30 AM
  4. softie20 Win User

Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

Stuck on reestablishing at 12% for 6 hours

Doing a factory reset on my laptop because i have to return it.

It's restarting, but has been stuck on "reestablishing this PC 12%" for 6 hours. How do I get it to complete the reset?

Thema:

Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

1. Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours - Similar Threads - Update stuck 30%

2. Windows Update Stuck at 30% for 3 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Stuck at 30% for 3 hours: I guess I recieved the latest feature update but it seems to be hung up. Been a 30% for a few hours now and not seeing my drive activity light blinking. Maybe once per minute. My OS is installed on an SSD. How long does this usually take? submitted by /u/bass_to_your_chord...
  3. Stuck at 30% for an hour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 30% for an hour: I have updated from an older insider Version to the newest Version of the Dev Channel. But now I'm stuck at 30% of the update. Should I just let it run over night or restart it? submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments]...
  4. Stuck on reestablishing at 12% for 6 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on reestablishing at 12% for 6 hours: Doing a factory reset on my laptop because i have to return it. It's restarting, but has been stuck on "reestablishing this PC 12%" for 6 hours. How do I get it to complete the reset?...
  5. My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours

My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours: I started my update yesterday around 1:30 and by 3:30 I was at 91% and hasn’t moved from that point. The screen reads “Working on updates 91% Don’t turn off your PC. This will take a while”. It sure has been a while, it shouldn’t take this long. Please help!...
  6. My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!

My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!: I downloaded the newest version, or update of Windows 10 yesterday. It downloaded, went through the verification of download and then said : Updating Windows10. Please Wait. It made it up to 99% and then nothing. I have to have the updated version to download my...
  7. Full Reset, stuck at 99% for over 12 hours

Full Reset, stuck at 99% for over 12 hours: Hi all, Started a full reset of my sons desktop PC (running win 10) yesterday afternoon, left it on all night and it was at 99% at 7am this morning, it's now nearly 8pm and it's still at 99%. I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions of what to do....
  8. Updates running for over an hour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates running for over an hour: I booted my other laptop which I have not used for two months and checked for updates. It immediately started downloading updates and, I assume, installing them. It has been running for over an hour and the h/d light is still blinking steadily, so something is still going on....
  9. 12 hour update

12 hour update: I hibernated in the evening. When I tried to wake up the computer in the morning, it began an update. I recall seeing no messages, but the disk light came on continuously. I waited until bored then switched to an alternative computer. An hour later it still was not done, but...
  10. Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours

Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours: So i did this update before and it was stuck at 88% 7 hours later 89%, this time the update started around 10:30pm on the 29/09/16 and i checked up on it in the morning around 8:30 and it stuck on 91%, now it was 11:45am and it was still stuck on 91%, can someone guy me any...