Windows 10: Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

Discus and support Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I received a notification that my version of windows 10 needed to be updated. I restarted my PC as instructed at approximately 10pm. By 2am, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasonInkster, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

Hi,

I received a notification that my version of windows 10 needed to be updated. I restarted my PC as instructed at approximately 10pm. By 2am, the update was at 30%. It has remained on this for the last 12 hours. Do I just let it continue and see if the update finishes or do I need to try and restart my PC. The version of Windows I have is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. The PC is regularly updated. Any help would be appreciated. Note: I have a external HDD where scheduled back ups are stored. However, I have had to try and reboot from this HDD before.

Regards

Jason

:)

JasonInkster, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Time Lady Win User

My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours

Just to clear up any confusion: your question states the update has been stuck for 12 hours yet you further state the update began 1:30 & hadn’t completed by 3:30, this is only 2 hours; can you confirm if it’s 12 or 2 hours?

Depending on how many updates are required & the version previously installed before the update it can take a few hours.

Has the update completed now?

Time Lady, Sep 17, 2020
  3. My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours

Mine's currently in the same situation -- stuck at 91%.

My difference: I started this yesterday morning. Five hours later I checked back and it was stuck at 91%. When I didn't see it move for 30 minutes I restarted the machine. It rolled back the update (finally) and I was able to get it going again. I ran
    the update troubleshooter and it couldn't find anything wrong.

When I finally convinced it to start the update process again last night I'd hoped it was resolved but this morning (9 hours later) it's stuck at 91% -- the exact same spot -- again. The little process wheel is still spinning and the HD light does occasionally
    flicker, but this seems a bit much. I've never had an update take this long.

I was (am?) running 1809.

WilliamJaeger1, Sep 17, 2020
  4. softie20 Win User

Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

Stuck on reestablishing at 12% for 6 hours

Doing a factory reset on my laptop because i have to return it.

It's restarting, but has been stuck on "reestablishing this PC 12%" for 6 hours. How do I get it to complete the reset?

softie20, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

1. Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours - Similar Threads - Update stuck 30%

2. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  3. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  4. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3% for over 12 hours

DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3% for over 12 hours: I've a Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 10 64 bit.II have been using Acronis TrueImage for the last 6 - 8 years for a daily incremental back up. About 8 months ago the PC started crashing BSOD every few days and quite often during the middle of a back-up. My current version of...
  6. windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.

windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.: Last night I put windows on restart and it got to working on updates 30% and now when its been more than 8 hours and it's still at 30%. What do I do?...
  7. Stuck at 30% for an hour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 30% for an hour: I have updated from an older insider Version to the newest Version of the Dev Channel. But now I'm stuck at 30% of the update. Should I just let it run over night or restart it? submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments]...
  8. My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours

My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours: I started my update yesterday around 1:30 and by 3:30 I was at 91% and hasn’t moved from that point. The screen reads “Working on updates 91% Don’t turn off your PC. This will take a while”. It sure has been a while, it shouldn’t take this long. Please help!...
  9. Full Reset, stuck at 99% for over 12 hours

Full Reset, stuck at 99% for over 12 hours: Hi all, Started a full reset of my sons desktop PC (running win 10) yesterday afternoon, left it on all night and it was at 99% at 7am this morning, it's now nearly 8pm and it's still at 99%. I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions of what to do....
  10. Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours: So i did this update before and it was stuck at 88% 7 hours later 89%, this time the update started around 10:30pm on the 29/09/16 and i checked up on it in the morning around 8:30 and it stuck on 91%, now it was 11:45am and it was still stuck on 91%, can someone guy me any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it fine if updating is stuck in 12%

2. working on updates 30% stuck

3. windows update has been stuck at 30% for 12 hours