Windows 10: Update stuck on 30%

Discus and support Update stuck on 30% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. My computer started updating a few hours ago, and it was going well, it restarted itself multiple times as it said it will, but when it reached 30%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theBrD1, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Update stuck on 30%

Hi. My computer started updating a few hours ago, and it was going well, it restarted itself multiple times as it said it will, but when it reached 30% it stopped. It's not frozen since the loading animation is working, but it's been on 30% for hours now.

It's done that before, and that time I simply restarted and avoided updating again. I really want to just get through with this update though. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/theBrD1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theBrD1, Nov 24, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Nate W.H. Win User
    Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Nov 24, 2020
  4. Update stuck on 30%

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Update stuck on 30%

1. Update stuck on 30% - Similar Threads - Update stuck 30%

2. Updating windows 10 stuck at 30% and reverts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating windows 10 stuck at 30% and reverts: Hi!I'm desperate looking for a solution. Thanks in advance for helping me.Since a year, I'm trying to update win10 but always happens the same: it stuck at 30% of installation, after a second reboot, and reverts back to previous installed version.The error message shown is...
  3. Updating windows 10 stuck at 30% and reverts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating windows 10 stuck at 30% and reverts: Hi!I'm desperate looking for a solution. Thanks in advance for helping me.Since a year, I'm trying to update win10 but always happens the same: it stuck at 30% of installation, after a second reboot, and reverts back to previous installed version.The error message shown is...
  4. Updating windows 10 stuck at 30% and reverts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update stuck at 30%

Update stuck at 30%: My laptop has dual-boot, Windows 10, and Ubuntu 20. Today I tried the update file provided on the Microsoft website, but unfortunately, when it tries to reboot to complete the update it stuck at 30% and I cannot enter into Windows. Note: I can use Ubuntu with no problem....
  6. windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.

windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.: Last night I put windows on restart and it got to working on updates 30% and now when its been more than 8 hours and it's still at 30%. What do I do?...
  7. Update stuck on 30% for days

Update stuck on 30% for days: Hi, hoping for some advice! Laptop has been updating windows 10 for days now - keeps getting stuck at "Working in updates, 30% complete, don't turn off your computer." Have tried to restart, still stays stuck. Can't access any menus or functions from the screen it's on!...
  8. Windows update stuck at 30%

Windows update stuck at 30%: This has happened multiple times before. I'm just stuck sitting at a spinning wheel and a number that never changes. Maybe it's working right. Maybe I need to wait another three hours. Maybe it's stuck. I have absolutely no way of knowing, and it drives me crazy....
  9. Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours: Hi, I received a notification that my version of windows 10 needed to be updated. I restarted my PC as instructed at approximately 10pm. By 2am, the update was at 30%. It has remained on this for the last 12 hours. Do I just let it continue and see if the update finishes or...
  10. Stuck at 30% for an hour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at 30% for an hour: I have updated from an older insider Version to the newest Version of the Dev Channel. But now I'm stuck at 30% of the update. Should I just let it run over night or restart it? submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows working on updates stuck at 30

2. windows ypdate stuck on 30%