Windows 10: update, the printer is inoperable

Discus and support update, the printer is inoperable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Readers!I found an article that after the June 15, 2020 win 10 update, some printers don’t print, unfortunately my printer doesn’t print either.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sisiNN, Aug 11, 2021.

1. sisiNN Win User

update, the printer is inoperable

Dear Readers!I found an article that after the June 15, 2020 win 10 update, some printers don’t print, unfortunately my printer doesn’t print either. With a USB connection, though, it was still operating normally in early 2020.How can an purchased device / driver become incompatible with an update? I don't want to replace my favorite printerdue to the update, my printer no longer has a compatible driver on win 10.

:)

sisiNN, Aug 11, 2021

2. Inoperable Printer following the windows 10 download

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you able to print using WordPad/Notepad and other apps/program?
    Kindly follow the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2021
  4. update, the printer is inoperable

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

update, the printer is inoperable

1. update, the printer is inoperable - Similar Threads - update printer inoperable

2. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  3. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  4. Updates make my three computers inoperable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates make my three computers inoperable: For many months now, I have dreaded and avoided Microsoft Windows updates on my three computers -- one desktop and two laptops -- because I can guarantee that the updates will be make them inoperable for at least several hours. My partner says that Windows Explorer is...
  5. Updates make my three computers inoperable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates make my three computers inoperable: For many months now, I have dreaded and avoided Microsoft Windows updates on my three computers -- one desktop and two laptops -- because I can guarantee that the updates will be make them inoperable for at least several hours. My partner says that Windows Explorer is...
  6. taskbar lock inoperable

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar lock inoperable: I have the lock the taskbar checked. However, without my doing anything, the taskbar will double or triple in height. I need to unlock the taskbar to reduce it's height, then I lock it again. This has been happening for a couple of weeks. The taskbar is at the bottom of my...
  7. Microsoft Office is inoperable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office is inoperable: Completed August update. Now most programs and files report. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item, C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsMicrosoft.Office.Desktop.Word_16051.13209.20308.0x86. I am...
  8. Bluetooth inoperable after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth inoperable after update: An update ran this morning and disabled my bluetooth. I found it in the hidden devices of the device manager, but it says I have to reconnect the hardware....
  9. Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable: Pardon, I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations. Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc. At...
  10. Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable: Pardon, I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations. Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc. At...