Windows 10: update the system that is not compatible

Discus and support update the system that is not compatible in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’d like to update my system using the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. But I know that my system is not compatible. How can I do it in a way that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RusLloyd, Oct 7, 2018.

1. RusLloyd Win User

update the system that is not compatible

I’d like to update my system using the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. But I know that my system is not compatible. How can I do it in a way that it will work?

:)

RusLloyd, Oct 7, 2018
  2. chirp Win User

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Compatibility problems

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check with the compatibility of the program on Windows 10.

Windows Compatibility Center

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 7, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. update the system that is not compatible - Similar Threads - update system compatible

2. Computer not compatible with update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not compatible with update: PC doesn't currently meet minimum system requirements to run Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-compatible-with-update/e76b1214-7fb4-4176-9351-c7c51a7f012c
  3. Computer not compatible with update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not compatible with update: PC doesn't currently meet minimum system requirements to run Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-compatible-with-update/e76b1214-7fb4-4176-9351-c7c51a7f012c
  4. Computer not compatible with update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Adobe Premiere Pro System Compatibility

Adobe Premiere Pro System Compatibility: Having updated adobe premiere pro recently I am receiving a warning message RE: IntelR HD Graphics 620 that I should update my Intel display driver to 100.6286 or above. My laptop is an Dell Inspiron 12-7378 with an intel core i5-7200U running windows 2004 os build...
  6. Is compatible Exfat system with Microsoft Windows 10?.

Is compatible Exfat system with Microsoft Windows 10?.: Hi Everyone: I have a USB MMC with Exfat format, but I am having problems to copy files and save information inside this. Is compatible this format with the operative system or is better change the format to avoid these problems....
  7. Windows Media Player is not compatible with your system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player is not compatible with your system.: I have two apps, one of them a Microsoft App called Animotica, that called on WMP to function. Since the 1903 update, I have no WMP, and the apps don't work. What is Microsoft doing about a replacement for WMP? Regards, Nick...
  8. Compatibility - old operationg system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility - old operationg system: I have an old software program on cd. It required Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me or Windows XP. My laptop has Windows 10 and I am looking for advice on how to get the program to work. I'm not sure of the steps to use the compatibility feature. Any advice would be...
  9. Windows Media Player is not compatible with your system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player is not compatible with your system: I was just forced into downloading an update for windows and once I have downloaded it I am now unable to use windows media player. Whenever I attempt to open it I am told that windows media player is not compatible with my system. Does this mean that from now on I will be...
  10. Boot Manager Missing and System Repair Not Compatible

Boot Manager Missing and System Repair Not Compatible: I'm really sorry if there has been a post about this already but I've been struggling with this issue for 2 days and have found solutions but all lead to problems again. My situation is that after a recent issue with my user profile going "missing" (I think) I thought do,...