Windows 10: Update: The touch screen is overly sensitive and has to be disabled

Discus and support Update: The touch screen is overly sensitive and has to be disabled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I bought my computer it worked fine. If I do a restore it works fine. When it is updated it does not. The mouse pad jumps when tapped. The light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Asymic, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Asymic Win User

Update: The touch screen is overly sensitive and has to be disabled

When I bought my computer it worked fine. If I do a restore it works fine. When it is updated it does not. The mouse pad jumps when tapped. The light on my mute button does not work. The touch screen is overly sensitive and has to be disabled. Sometimes your updates report that they are incomplete, and then totally mess up my computer, requiring a restore.

I am not interested in Microsoft continually wanting to update my computer and mess it up. I have spent considerable time restoring my computer, and seeking your help for the problems you bestow upon me,

Your updates seem to appear even with my network set to metered. Your updates sometimes seem to happen when my computer is sleeping and with insufficient battery power to allow the action to finish. Pop-ups about wanting to update happen at the most awkward times too.

PLEASE can we have an option to not update our computers?

Quite frankly it is a shambles, and I think many people will agree. My next computer will not be running Windows.

:)

Asymic, Dec 20, 2018

2. Touch screen is disabled

Hi Roy,

Thank you for responding.

This issue might be due to drivers which are to be updated.

I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Also, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer website and try to update the chipset drivers as well.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Touch screen too sensitive!!

Is there a setting that adjusts the touch sensitivity on the touch screen?

Mark G King, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Update: The touch screen is overly sensitive and has to be disabled

Touch screen disabled in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Try to run a inbuilt
    Hardware troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch Screen. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    Method 2.Try updating the Touch screen drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the touch Screendrivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Update: The touch screen is overly sensitive and has to be disabled

1. Update: The touch screen is overly sensitive and has to be disabled - Similar Threads - Update touch screen

2. Touch sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch sensitivity: Is there a way in Windows 11 to set desired touchpad pressure? If so, I can't find it. There is a setting for "touchpad sensitivity" but that appears to mean scroll sensitivity, e.g., how far the cursor moves for a given amount of finger swipe on the pad, not the touch...
  3. Touch sensitivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch sensitivity: Is there a way in Windows 11 to set desired touchpad pressure? If so, I can't find it. There is a setting for "touchpad sensitivity" but that appears to mean scroll sensitivity, e.g., how far the cursor moves for a given amount of finger swipe on the pad, not the touch...
  4. Windows 10 home touch screen sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home touch screen sensitivity: Hey! I'm an artist and was trying to figure out if it's possible to get my windows 10 to register when I'm using lighter and heavier pressure on the screen to create different line weights. I don't know anything about computers, I'm pretty sure I have a Windows 10 home HP...
  5. Windows 10 home touch screen sensitivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home touch screen sensitivity: Hey! I'm an artist and was trying to figure out if it's possible to get my windows 10 to register when I'm using lighter and heavier pressure on the screen to create different line weights. I don't know anything about computers, I'm pretty sure I have a Windows 10 home HP...
  6. keyboard touch sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard touch sensitivity: When I type, the cursor often jumps to another portion of the manuscript without my instructing it to do so. Whenever I ask people about it, they say my finger touched some other part of the keyboard or my clothing brushed it, but neither is true. The only thing I can figure...
  7. HID - Compliant touch screen has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID - Compliant touch screen has been disabled.: or some reason my touch screen is not working. I've been searching all over the internet and apparently my HID - Compliant touch screen has been disabled. I've tried researching how to reconnect it, but I there were no results! I also tried restarting my computer, uninstall...
  8. Touch Screen Functions disabled

Touch Screen Functions disabled: I just got a new touch screen laptop then I changed the version from the latest windows 10 1909 to 2019 version of 1809 windows 10. After I switched then moved my finger on the screen nothing happened, and my narrator read nothing. The touch screen function has disabled, and...
  9. How do I adjust the touch screen sensitivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I adjust the touch screen sensitivity?: How do I adjust the touch screen sensitivity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-adjust-the-touch-screen-sensitivity/c12bb992-1d4e-4990-8830-1c432a34d99e
  10. Touch screen sensitivity

Touch screen sensitivity: Is there a way I can change the sensitivity of the touchscreen on an RCA tablet? The screen responds where I have not touched it often and it is annoying... Someone please help.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp touch screen too sensitive

2. laptop touch screen too sensitive

3. touch screen too sensitive windows 10 touchpad

4. windows touch screen too sensitive