Windows 10: Update this morning shut down my monitors

Discus and support Update this morning shut down my monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My setup is a Dell XPS 8700 with Geforce 640 card, and I currently run 5 monitors(via USB) with that setup, and have for a while now. When I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bps23, May 31, 2017.

1. bps23 Win User

Update this morning shut down my monitors

My setup is a Dell XPS 8700 with Geforce 640 card, and I currently run 5 monitors(via USB) with that setup, and have for a while now. When I ran today's Windows update, it disabled two of my monitors. They're still powered on, but black screen and the computer isn't recognizing them. I attempted to delete/reinstall the drivers for the USB slots, went to Dell's site and updated everything there, and also tried to reinstall the Nvidia drivers. The USB ports still work, as I tested them both with a flash drive. After no luck there, I went to Microsoft help forum and this is what they told me to do...

Todays update crashed my monitors - Microsoft Community

Still no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks

:)

bps23, May 31, 2017
  2. PiNinja99 Win User

Monitor Looks bad After Update

Yesterday when I shut down my PC there was an option to only shut down as well as an option to shut down and update so I chose to shut down and update. This morning when I turned my PC back on it completed the updates. Once I got onto my desktop I noticed
    that the brightness, contrast and saturation of my primary monitor (I have two monitors) was completely messed up. The monitor was very dark and extremely saturated. I looked in control panel for the display calibration program and it did not show up. Can
    anyone help me fix this?

PiNinja99, May 31, 2017
  3. Monitor

I turned off the monitor last night when i went to sleep and left the computer on. When I woke up this morning my monitor wouldn't turn on. I had to restart my computer to do so. I don't want to continue unproperly shutting it down.

DellaQuatrevingt, May 31, 2017
  4. banger Win User

It's the Nvidia drivers update. Can you revert to older drivers something is broken in the drivers, I had the update last night too but no problems so far.

banger, May 31, 2017
  5. bps23 Win User
    Not sure how to do that(I'm about 20% competent when it comes to tech issues). Isn't that what was attempted through the instructions linked above from the Microsoft help forum?

bps23, May 31, 2017
  6. banger Win User
    No that's to check the system. winkey+x, device manager, find the display driver, right click properties, click Driver tab then click roll back driver button. You may need to reboot.

banger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Update this morning shut down my monitors - Similar Threads - Update morning shut

2. Monitor shuts down but PC stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor shuts down but PC stays on: For about a week now my monitor will shut down, but the PC stays on. The only thing I can do is hard shut down. I do not get a blue screen but there is a minidump file when it happens. Please advise....
  3. Monitor shuts down but PC stays on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor shuts down but PC stays on: For about a week now my monitor will shut down, but the PC stays on. The only thing I can do is hard shut down. I do not get a blue screen but there is a minidump file when it happens. Please advise....
  4. Windows 10 “Update and shut down” last night. No bootable devices found this morning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 “Update and shut down” last night. No bootable devices found this morning.: I have been working on getting my PC to recognize my boot drive this morning after the latest windows 10 update. I can see the drive on my bios and doing some commands eventually ran me in a circle where it found a windows install however upon attempting to add the device to...
  5. After shutting down windows at night and opening on morning it lags

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After shutting down windows at night and opening on morning it lags: My Specs Ryzen 7 4800H, 16 GB Ram, GTX 1660ti 6GB, 512 SSD. I got this problem after some time. at night I turned off the laptop and when I turned on a laptop in the morning it lags like taking time on the opening program, start menu, like of old computer to resolve this I...
  6. Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7am

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7am: Hello, Problem - I am running Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 20231.1000 (Insider Preview Build). I updated to this build on October 8, 2020. I leave this computer on 24/7. Since that day, I have found the machine shut down every morning. I would think the problem is tied to this...
  7. Update and shut down...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shut down...: This has been bugging me for years. I don't even know if it's a bug or if this is on purpose. When i press "Update and shutdown" i want my computer to finish the update and then shut down. This has never happened for me it always without fail updates and then restarts the...
  8. Shut down and Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shut down and Update: Hi, my sister's computer she did an update and then shut down but the computer says shutdown with circle going aroungd for quite some time ? What does this means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-and-update/c5aa5d9b-f71e-4714-a7a5-776f241233ed
  9. Monitor shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor shut down.: My monitor no longer shuts down as set, after 10 minutes. It worked fine before. What can I do to repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-shut-down/51c2a6c8-0a83-4069-b5bc-e7f93391bc82
  10. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.: Hello, First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 On Power down, the first monitor (ASUS) will shut off, but the second (BenQ) will not. Thank you for your assistance....