Windows 10: Update to 10?? How about, quit tracking us, and strip cortana from the system??

Discus and support Update to 10?? How about, quit tracking us, and strip cortana from the system?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Honestly, I don't ever see it happening. Let me rewind a bit however. Back when we had Windows 98SE, Windows XP, Windows 7, you NEVER EVER saw an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoyFokker, Oct 29, 2020.

1. RoyFokker Win User

Update to 10?? How about, quit tracking us, and strip cortana from the system??

Honestly, I don't ever see it happening. Let me rewind a bit however. Back when we had Windows 98SE, Windows XP, Windows 7, you NEVER EVER saw an intrusive search program slammed onto your taskbar, did you? That's right, you didn't. Also, microsoft wasn't secretly tracking you either.

Here's my problem. Why does microsoft, with their malware based operating system, feel the need to secretly track us? Like, what's the point of that? And the reason I say secretly is because they've made it almost impossible to simply turn off tracking features. They've hidden it so deep in the system that you have to know how to get to it, to turn it off. The problem with that however is even if you turn off tracking, downloading an update will just turn it back on again.

So I want to know, if microsoft NEVER tracked us with, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, WHY all of a sudden, do they have to track us now???

Well, I can't imagine any reason, other than wanting to collect system data, but here's the other problem I have. Why do they need to see our systems? I mean, they've been in business for how long now, and they can't figure it out, so they have to suddenly rely on collecting system data and whatever else to get by??? I'm sorry but it's just beyond my comprehension at this point. If it were me, I'd never have tracking, but if I did introduce some kind of tracking feature, here's what I would do..... The first time you install the OS, you get a total of 3 messages telling you about a tracking offer that is featured, that would only collect system data, and then I would go into extreme and great detail, explaining and detailing every aspect of how tracking works, how that data is collected and how it is used. THEN, I would promise to never sell the data, that it would only ever be used for updates. Before the PC boots up, I would ask, Turn off Tracking, or leave it on? THEN, in the third and final message, I would explain that in the Start menu is the words "Tracking Feature" And if you were to click on that, it would open up a window. "Thanks for accessing Tracking Features. Would you like to leave the tracking feature on, or turn it off?" RIGHT THERE, I would give people the option and I would put it out in plain view for everyone. But me being me, an honest person, I would add... "We're an honest company take notes microsoft!! and we only want to do what is right for each, and every customer of ours. If you have any concerns, please call phone number and one of our live representatives will be able to assist you. We strive to do what is right for you, and we will bend over backwards and go out of our way, to make sure you all continue being our number one customers!! But see, microsoft and honesty, the two words don't go together.

Anyway.... I'm not on 10, probably never will be. I really hate the fact that with all the money they have, they can't hire extremely good testers/programmers?? I love it when they say "Important update" or Optional Update, then you update and it breaks 10 of your games. So much for that update. I think they sit there and claim UHP!! You need security updates!! UHP, you gotta move to our new OS!! Really? Why? "Well, on the old OS, you know...." Uhhh no, I don't know. I know your damn updates keep breaking my games that were working fine yesterday. Uninstall update!! Games work again. Gee whadd'ya know?

I think they say these things to corral us like we're sheep or something and I'm just tired of it. Been using microsoft products, probably since DOS 4.0, and windows 10 is the thanks we get. Until cortana is completely bleached from the system, tracking is entirely disabled, and microsoft knows what it is doing with updates, I won't be updating to 10.

:)

RoyFokker, Oct 29, 2020

2. Cortana Not Tracking Trips

Since that didn't work for you, then try the suggested steps by Eric_Anderson on this

link
    as it proved helpful to 10 users, quite a good number. Goodluck!

SimpleMindz, Oct 29, 2020
  3. RoyFokker Win User

Honestly, I don't ever see it happening. Let me rewind a bit however. Back when we had Windows 98SE, Windows XP, Windows 7, you NEVER EVER saw an intrusive search program slammed onto your taskbar, did you? That's right, you didn't. Also, microsoft wasn't
    secretly tracking you either.

Here's my problem. Why does microsoft, with their malware based operating system, feel the need to secretly track us? Like, what's the point of that? And the reason I say secretly is because they've made it almost impossible to simply turn off tracking
    features. They've hidden it so deep in the system that you have to know how to get to it, to turn it off. The problem with that however is even if you turn off tracking, downloading an update will just turn it back on again.

So I want to know, if microsoft NEVER tracked us with, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, WHY all of a sudden, do they have to track us now???

Well, I can't imagine any reason, other than wanting to collect system data, but here's the other problem I have. Why do they need to see our systems? I mean, they've been in business for how long now, and they can't figure it out, so they have to suddenly
    rely on collecting system data (and whatever else) to get by??? I'm sorry but it's just beyond my comprehension at this point. If it were me, I'd never have tracking, but if I did introduce some kind of tracking feature, here's what I would do..... The
    first time you install the OS, you get a total of 3 messages telling you about a tracking offer that is featured, that would only collect system data, and then I would go into extreme and great detail, explaining and detailing every aspect of how tracking
    works, how that data is collected and how it is used. THEN, I would promise to never sell the data, that it would only ever be used for updates. Before the PC boots up, I would ask, Turn off Tracking, or leave it on? THEN, in the third and final message,
    I would explain that in the Start menu is the words "Tracking Feature" And if you were to click on that, it would open up a window. "Thanks for accessing Tracking Features. Would you like to leave the tracking feature on, or turn it off?" RIGHT THERE,
    I would give people the option and I would put it out in plain view for everyone. But me being me, an honest person, I would add... "We're an honest company (take notes microsoft!!) and we only want to do what is right for each, and every customer of ours.
    If you have any concerns, please call (phone number) and one of our live representatives will be able to assist you. We strive to do what is right for you, and we will bend over backwards and go out of our way, to make sure you all continue being our number
    one customers!! But see, microsoft and honesty, the two words don't go together.

Anyway.... I'm not on 10, probably never will be. I really hate the fact that with all the money they have, they can't hire extremely good testers/programmers?? I love it when they say "Important update" or Optional Update, then you update and it breaks
    10 of your games. So much for that update. I think they sit there and claim UHP!! You need security updates!! UHP, you gotta move to our new OS!! Really? Why? "Well, on the old OS, you know...." Uhhh no, I don't know. I know your damn updates keep
    breaking my games that were working fine yesterday. Uninstall update!! Games work again. Gee whadd'ya know?

I think they say these things to corral us like we're sheep or something and I'm just tired of it. Been using microsoft products, probably since DOS 4.0, and windows 10 is the thanks we get. Until cortana is completely bleached from the system, tracking
    is entirely disabled, and microsoft knows what it is doing with updates, I won't be updating to 10.

RoyFokker, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Update to 10?? How about, quit tracking us, and strip cortana from the system??

Cortana is not tracking flights automatically after updating the old itinerary

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Cortana settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable and re-enable Cortana settings in the computer.

• Sign in the computer.
      • Then click on Search bar.
      • In the search box at the bottom, type Cortana & Search settings in the search bar and click on it.
      • Then try to disable Cortana from Windows 10.
      • To re-enable Cortana, you can click inside the Cortana search bar.
      • From the bottom of the left section of the Cortana pane, click the Cortana icon.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

• Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Update to 10?? How about, quit tracking us, and strip cortana from the system?? - Similar Threads - Update quit tracking

2. About Cortana

in Cortana
    About Cortana: How to make Cortana control music play, next, previous,.... She alaways says "I cant control your music here". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-cortana/24220ac4-f84d-44ac-9344-b55e625c5bac
  3. About cortana

in Cortana
    About cortana: cortana says I'm sorry, but I can't help with that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-cortana/ad15cef4-b6c5-489c-8a37-3cc6525cc6d2
  4. About Us

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About Us: CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN CÔNG NGHỆ CREATIVE VIỆT NAM – Chuyên cung cấp dịch vụ thiết kế website: thiết kế website doanh nghiệp, thiết kế website du lịch,… uy tín hàng đầu tại Việt Nam. Tên doanh nghiệp: CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN CÔNG NGHỆ CREATIVE VIỆT NAM Tên DN Quốc tế: VIET NAM CREATIVE...
  5. Questions about tracking

in Browsers and Email
    Questions about tracking: I've started using the new Stable version of Edgeium so much that I'm thinking about switching over to it full-time. So that causes me to ask -- does MS track all the sites and URLs I use with it? IF so, is there any way to disable this? I can find lots of info about the MS...
  6. About cortana

in Cortana
    About cortana: Does the age limit is impotant to sing in to cortana with my microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-cortana/adebb432-2ff5-4849-8832-4a0109aba7c3
  7. about cortana

in Cortana
    about cortana: when I want to let cortana know my voice ,it said sorry I cannot hear you clearly ,please try again.But,i had try it many times and I speak loudly,i don't know why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-cortana/8888efa2-d990-4850-9ea4-b4a1e75d8b10"
  8. How to track user access on Cortana in an Enterprise

in Cortana
    How to track user access on Cortana in an Enterprise: Hi, I'm planning to implement Cortana as a Digital assistant for my enterprise users, and would like to know how many users have accessed Cortana as a part of Adoption. Is it doable ? Thanks...
  9. About cortana

in Cortana
    About cortana: When I given command to Cortana "Identify the music playing in the background". In response to that Cortana did nothing. I want to say that as GOOGLE ASSISSTANCE CAN DO WHY CORTANA CAN'T. CORTANA SHOULD HAVE SUCH FEATURE. AND THIS WILL ENSURE ITS DEVELOPMENT. Plz solve the...
  10. Cortana and tracking a package shipment

in Cortana
    Cortana and tracking a package shipment: Hello all, So I was trying to find a way to get to the list of the various packages I have being shipped to me IN ONE PLACE. However, I can't find the option in either Bing or Cortana. I CAN STILL SEARCH THE TRACKING NUMBER AND IT WILL APPEAR IN THE SEARCH RESULTS WITH...