Windows 10: update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop

Discus and support update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used win 10 update assistant to upgrade from 10 1703 to 1809. My first reboot after this resulted in a message " no bootable device" and it is stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamRamdeo, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SamRamdeo Win User

update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop

I used win 10 update assistant to upgrade from 10 1703 to 1809. My first reboot after this resulted in a message " no bootable device" and it is stuck there permanently.

When i use F12 key there are n0 booting devices. Now the computer is not recognizing DVD or USB. The hard drive is listed with serial number etc.

I was using win 10 home 64 bit when this happened. This software came installed with an Acer Aspire 315.21 which I acquired just before Christmas 2019.

I do not care to save any files.

System boots up but as soon as the Acer logo shows up it shows message of no bootable device.

Can I restore this laptop to working order again.

:)

SamRamdeo, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop

1. update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop - Similar Threads - update pro version

2. why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809: why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delacree/9b7af48c-3471-4301-a789-9951a39fb662"
  3. Windows 10 pro version 1809 failed to install in my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro version 1809 failed to install in my laptop.: I installed windows 10 pro version 1803 in my laptop from bootable usb media which i created using the media creation tool. But immediately after the launch of october update 1809, the windows update checked for version 1809 and asked to install in my system but when i...
  4. Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop

Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop: Hello, most recent update for Windows 10 ruined my touchpad. Every time i try to track, it also clicks causing everything to do a click+drag command. It was right after the update, it is not a hardware issue. Plugging in a mouse does not cause this issue. I tried: 1....
  5. Windows 10 Pro version 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro version 1809: Microsoft once again challenges my LAN arrangement and "sharing" between all three Windows 10 Pro v1809 units. On one unit (Unit_1) everything works fine - I see the other two systems and the QNAP NAS in File Explorer as I would expect and the necessary sharing's work. On a...
  6. Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop: Dear Microsoft, I wanted to write a complaint email, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, I'll simply write it here. For as long as I've had pc's/laptops, I've always used windows and been pleased with that. However, your windows 10 is ruining my laptop;...
  7. Windows update ruined my laptop, not once three times

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update ruined my laptop, not once three times: this happened first when windows update installed menu stopped working and in the event view i got this error Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.10.7.17134_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy i tried 1. sfc scan 2. dism restore 3. installing windows...
  8. Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(: Hello, My Laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows 10, however now the thing wont work, it takes forver to login and when it does i get a blank screen, the bottom bar is there but i can't click it, andnothing i do works, i cant acess anything because it tells...
  9. Windows 10 update ruined my pc.

Windows 10 update ruined my pc.: The windows 10 update caused my computer to go into a restart loop until I went into cmd and did a backup. now the taskbar doesn’t work and my pc does not recognize my keyboard and ethernet ports. they both function perfectly with my laptop but dont work with my pc....
  10. Win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 update ruined my computer: I bought a 1500+ asus gaming laptop 18 months ago and have had zero problems until today. My computer forces me to do a win10 update and after the update is complete my computer starts up and takes me to a login screen that has a totally different background than before and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer e15 1809 update

2. update 1809 destroyed my computer