Windows 10: update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop

Discus and support update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used win 10 update assistant to upgrade from 10 1703 to 1809. My first reboot after this resulted in a message " no bootable device" and it is stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamRamdeo, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SamRamdeo Win User

update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop

I used win 10 update assistant to upgrade from 10 1703 to 1809. My first reboot after this resulted in a message " no bootable device" and it is stuck there permanently.

When i use F12 key there are n0 booting devices. Now the computer is not recognizing DVD or USB. The hard drive is listed with serial number etc.

I was using win 10 home 64 bit when this happened. This software came installed with an Acer Aspire 315.21 which I acquired just before Christmas 2019.

I do not care to save any files.

System boots up but as soon as the Acer logo shows up it shows message of no bootable device.

Can I restore this laptop to working order again.

:)

SamRamdeo, Jan 9, 2019
  2. SamRamdeo Win User

I used win 10 update assistant to upgrade from 10 1703 to 1809. My first reboot after this resulted in a message " no bootable device" and it is stuck there permanently.

When i use F12 key there are n0 booting devices. Now the computer is not recognizing DVD or USB. The hard drive is listed with serial number etc.

I was using win 10 home 64 bit when this happened. This software came installed with an Acer Aspire 315.21 which I acquired just before Christmas 2019.

I do not care to save any files.

System boots up but as soon as the Acer logo shows up it shows message of no bootable device.

Can I restore this laptop to working order again.

SamRamdeo, Jan 10, 2020
  3. qwizzie Win User
    Windows 10 update version 1809 fails to install and reverts back to version 1803 on my Surface Pro (5th) with windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 update version 1809 fails to install through Windows Update and reverts back to version 1803 on my Surface Pro (5th gen) with Windows 10 Pro. I also tried to manually install this update by deleting the Windows Update folder (Windows/SoftwareDistribution)
    and downloading update 1809 from the Windows 10 Downloads site (Windows10Upgrade9252.exe).

Same problem : Download ok, install hangs at 84%, hits black screen, restarts the pc and reverts OS back to 1803.

After deleting the windows Update folder and eventhough this update 1809 failed to install, it does not show up as failed anymore and is also not found through Windows Update anymore.

Trouble Shooting through the Windows Update Problem Solution (wu10.diagcab)

Found Problems

Possible error in the Windows Update-database detected : Detected

Damaged Windows Update-database recovery : Not executed

Windows Update-parts need to be restored : Solved

Windows Update-parts recovery : Not executed
    Controle in process updates : Solved

Updates in process download and install : Finished

Found Problems

Possible error in the Windows Update-database detected : Detected

The system kan possibly not be updated through Windows Update because of possible problems

Windows Update-parts need to be restored : Solved

One or more Windows Update-parts are incorrectly configured
    Control in process updates : Solved

* Any suggestions on how to have this update 1809 installed correctly on my Surface Pro (5th gen?)

* Some of my windows updates get installed in the Programs and Parts list, not in the Installed Updates list

(KB4023057 for example), Why is this happening and could this form a problem with updating to version 1809 ?

qwizzie, Jan 10, 2020
  4. update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop

Worth updating to Windows 10 version 1809?

Hi.

I would like to know if it is worth updating to Windows 10 version (vers.) 1809.

I have that version on a Windows Surface Pro (no issue found).

I'm also currently under Windows 10 vers. 1803 (fully updated) on a laptop.

With all the problems I hear about that version (1809), I'm unsure if it is worth updating.

Sincerely,

BusDiademe1194, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop - Similar Threads - update pro version

2. Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop: Hello, I own a Toshiba Satellite S50 B-15-F laptop. A few days ago I installed the latest updates, and didn't notice anything in the beginning. After about an hour of use, it crashed. I turned it off by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and tried to restart it....
  3. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Will Not Update to 1909

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Will Not Update to 1909: Hello, I have Windows 10 with 64 Bit Version 1809 and it won't update to 1909. I have 78.7 GB left of free space -- as noted when I press properties on Drive C icon. I've tried several times, and I've noticed that there are many comments on Google describing the same...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809: We are a small business (3 employees) and upgraded our computers to Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 back at the end of May. We have had nothing but problems. The latest one was due to some Windows updates which got automatically installed. We had to call our computer support...
  6. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  7. why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809: why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delacree/9b7af48c-3471-4301-a789-9951a39fb662"
  8. Problems with Windows 10 Pro version 1809-Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with Windows 10 Pro version 1809-Windows Update: Day 28/01/2019 I installed a new Windows Update, switched my modem and my internet, a 40MB VDSL and a Tplink modem, by a 100MB fiber optic and a HUAWEI HG8245Q2 modem. It looks great, increased well the stability and speed and range only..., I can no longer update my windows,...
  9. Windows 10 pro version 1809 failed to install in my laptop.

Windows 10 pro version 1809 failed to install in my laptop.: I installed windows 10 pro version 1803 in my laptop from bootable usb media which i created using the media creation tool. But immediately after the launch of october update 1809, the windows update checked for version 1809 and asked to install in my system but when i...
  10. Windows 10 Pro version 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro version 1809: Microsoft once again challenges my LAN arrangement and "sharing" between all three Windows 10 Pro v1809 units. On one unit (Unit_1) everything works fine - I see the other two systems and the QNAP NAS in File Explorer as I would expect and the necessary sharing's work. On a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer e15 1809 update

2. acer windows 10 1809

3. update 1809 destroyed my computer