Windows 10: [update to 10061] Need help urgently

Discus and support [update to 10061] Need help urgently in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It takes so long for the update, it ran for 3 hours now but still in 23%. I think that it is because I have lots of files in C drive that it has to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hkgabriellee, May 1, 2015.

1. [update to 10061] Need help urgently

It takes so long for the update, it ran for 3 hours now but still in 23%. I think that it is because I have lots of files in C drive that it has to move them away before the installation and move them back. I want to delete some of my unused files to make the process more faster. How can I stop the installation and delete my files? Thank you so much.

:)

hkgabriellee, May 1, 2015

2. Auto upgrade for Beta systems?

10061 is at best ancient. Current build is 10240. You need to upgrade to qualify

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 1, 2015
  3. Need HELP urgently ...cannot get my computer to open

Hello Arthur,

I request you to perform a startup repair for Windows 10 and get back to us with the issue which you have.

You may download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to
      change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, ‘Advanced Options’ and then click on 'Startup Settings' and select ‘Restart’.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Refer the link for reference:

Change startup settings in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 1, 2015
  4. [update to 10061] Need help urgently

Anyone can help please. It is 31% now.

5. badrobot Win User
    It's always slow at 3%, 30% and 75% but it jumps faster in between. Just hang in there. If you go back you will just start the clock for another 3hrs or so.

badrobot, May 1, 2015
  6. It is 98% now, the installation ran for more than7 hours, I want to know if clearing space in C drive like removing applications help speed up the process?

7. Help!!! Scanning and repairing drive (C*Smile: 56 % complete. what is this!

8. topgundcp Win User

[update to 10061] Need help urgently

Apparently, Your drive C: is corrupted and that would also cause the download to slow down. And now, Windows is doing a chdsk and repair, you just have to be patient and let it finish, don't touch it. It might take a while for chkdsk to complete.

topgundcp, May 1, 2015
  9. Okay, it is finally done but with a few problems:
    1. Start won't open
    2. Project Spartan won't start
    3. Youtube video won't play
    I will restart my computer to test

10. topgundcp Win User
    Open Admin command prompt and run:
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • sfc /scannow

topgundcp, May 1, 2015
  11. The problem is solved and thank you so much!

12. topgundcp Win User
    You're welcome

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

[update to 10061] Need help urgently

1. [update to 10061] Need help urgently - Similar Threads - update 10061 Need

2. urgent help needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    urgent help needed: I need help for my Windows 10. When I boot it up I have this green pop up showing in the right side of my PC and I dont know what it is. Sometimes I need to close my PC again then it will gone. I run windows scan using windows defender but detect nothing. I check if there is...
  3. urgent help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    urgent help needed: HiFirst, sorry for my bad English. I need assistance on my camera app. It is not working since Monday. I was able to open it however I receive an error message. This is a Dell laptop and my cousin told my to update the driver which I did but it is still not enough. How can I...
  4. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent Help Needed: I don't even know how to begin. I'll try to make it as simple as possible. But I'm pretty much sure that this case is unsolvable at this point. I don't even know how this happened. I was using my computer as normal Acer Nitro 5. And as I went away from it for a few minutes, I...
  5. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Help Needed: I don't even know how to begin. I'll try to make it as simple as possible. But I'm pretty much sure that this case is unsolvable at this point. I don't even know how this happened. I was using my computer as normal Acer Nitro 5. And as I went away from it for a few minutes, I...
  6. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need urgent help: My PC has unexpectedly shutdown and the following is the dump for the problem.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffad00193ade88, 0x8a00000000200021, 0xffff8d8b83b968d0, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP....
  8. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need urgent help: It all started with my windows photo app not working. So I decided to factory reset my windows as I didn't have any data in the first place. The problem still persists, plus I have discovered few more issues Windows Store app not opening Photos app not opening Takes 30-40...
  9. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need urgent help: So a few weeks ago I was watching a video on YouTube and I got a blue screen with the message "Kmode exception not handled" and then the laptop didn't turn on again. So I went to a repair store and got Windows reinstalled. After that the laptop was good as new. Today it...
  10. urgent windows update help needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    urgent windows update help needed: I have 1809 now I noticed that win is automatically downloading 1903 without my consent I have home edition please help me out to com-pletely disable windows update thanks or how can I disable 1903 particular update...