Windows 10: Update to 1803 forced on me, hogs resources all day, fails, restarts automatically

Discus and support Update to 1803 forced on me, hogs resources all day, fails, restarts automatically in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It's bad enough that we have no choice but to accept this Windows upgrade to 1803, but then it runs forever, banging away at the hard drive making the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicholasCouch, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Update to 1803 forced on me, hogs resources all day, fails, restarts automatically

It's bad enough that we have no choice but to accept this Windows upgrade to 1803, but then it runs forever, banging away at the hard drive making the machine virtually unusable for hours, and then it fails - and the whole process starts all over again.

Failed to install on ‎9/‎10/‎2018 - 0x8007042b

It ran the entire morning, the entire afternoon, and well into the evening it finally died and restored the computer back to 1709. And now it's running again, and my hard drive is pegged to 100% active again, slowing everything I'm trying to do down to a crawl.

I keep reading that I should try installing the upgrade manually - but how? How do I stop this automated upgrade process from running and failing and running again??

:)

NicholasCouch, Sep 11, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 11, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Update to 1803 forced on me, hogs resources all day, fails, restarts automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Update to 1803 forced on me, hogs resources all day, fails, restarts automatically

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Update to 1803 forced on me, hogs resources all day, fails, restarts automatically

1. Update to 1803 forced on me, hogs resources all day, fails, restarts automatically - Similar Threads - Update 1803 forced

2. Task manager resource hog... until

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager resource hog... until: Hi there,I have a Dell 7710 workstation with Win10 pro 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1526, 32gb ram and 3xSSD = 2 TBThe issue is with all programs closed, sitting in idle lid open or closed, after a short time the fans turn on and resources are hogged. If I open task manager the highest...
  3. Task manager resource hog... until

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager resource hog... until: Hi there,I have a Dell 7710 workstation with Win10 pro 64bit, 21H2, 19044.1526, 32gb ram and 3xSSD = 2 TBThe issue is with all programs closed, sitting in idle lid open or closed, after a short time the fans turn on and resources are hogged. If I open task manager the highest...
  4. Task manager resource hog... until

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Chrome hogging all resources

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome hogging all resources: My Chrome(latest version) is hogging all resources, can having too many bookmarks, history, saved passwords, search engines etc cause chrome to hog all the PC resources? 167877
  6. Chrome hogging all resources

Chrome hogging all resources: My Chrome(latest version) is hogging all resources, can having too many bookmarks, history, saved passwords, search engines etc cause chrome to hog all the PC resources? 167877
  7. Edge Chromium as a resource hog

Edge Chromium as a resource hog: Dear team of Edge Browser and its users, Please, comment on my personal experience in using Edge Chromium stable version on my PC with Windows 10 Home with all latest updates. At the beginning the Edge browser worked as a charm but suddenly it started working slowly...
  8. microsoft forced me 1803 with update assistant

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft forced me 1803 with update assistant: while i was watching some youtube i left my laptop for a minute and update assistant poped up on my screen and i said i restarted to update it and it updated i go back to 1709 and the assistant is back i uninstalling it but reinstalling again whatever im trying to do to...
  9. Windows 10 Update 1803 Fails Repeatedly each fail looses me a working day!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update 1803 Fails Repeatedly each fail looses me a working day!: I am using Windows 10 Home which I bought on the basis that MS would manage my installs and as a "Home" user I would 'not have to worry about anything'. I have now lost 2 working days because this update will not install, twice! MSs on-screen advice said it would take some...
  10. Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day.: I'm at a loss now. My laptop has been updating to 1803 since noon today and it is no 8:30 PM. I rand the update troubleshooter and that didn't help. I ran SFC and it didn't find any errors. Anything else I can do like throw the laptop in the trash?????...