Windows 10: Update to 1903 broke networking

Discus and support Update to 1903 broke networking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop running windows version 1803. Several weeks ago it updated to version 1903 albeit at a very inconvenient time. After the update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ALSailor, Sep 14, 2019.

1. ALSailor Win User

Update to 1903 broke networking

I have a HP laptop running windows version 1803. Several weeks ago it updated to version 1903 albeit at a very inconvenient time. After the update, networking of any sort did not work. I tried updating all the network drivers, and installing a USB WiFi adapter that works fine on other systems. Nothing I did solved the problem, so after about at least 10 hours of wasted time I was able to roll back the update. Is there a way to prevent this update from installing in the future since it does not work on my machine and receive security updates for what I have instead? Not able to find an answer to this other than something called Sledgehammer.

:)

ALSailor, Sep 14, 2019
  2. NikkieM Win User

Win 10 1903 update broke MS ToDo.

Win 10 1903 update broke MS ToDo. Any list I pin to Start does not show the details, just the box - a blank box. This include My Day, Important, Planned and Tasks lists. They were of course working before this update. I have runned the troubleshooter but
    no go. Please help fix. Thanks.

NikkieM, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Windows update broke my virtual network connections

It's two days after some Windows 10 update and it completely broke my VPN (Using Hamachi or Radmin VPN).

I checked almost anything, like network card configurations etc.

Any suggestion?

I'm tired of Windows.

Gamezombie, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Eric2139 Win User

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Update to 1903 broke networking - Similar Threads - Update 1903 broke

2. Version 1903 Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Version 1903 Broke My Computer: So I am one of those guys who would prefer NOT to be forced to download Windows updates, and I have good reason: I use my computer all the time, and keep stuff up on it all the time, so being force-fed updates and rebooted every two days only results in me losing all of my...
  3. Networking is broke!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Networking is broke!!: I don't know what's wrong, here. I thought I'd pinned it down to a bad network driver, but none of my other PCs had this issue. Rolling back the driver seemed to fix the issue, temporarily, and then when it happened again, I could simply roll the driver back again. Well, now,...
  4. Update 1903 broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 broke my computer: Got forced into this horrid update last night when I shut my desktop off. Came home from work today with the expectation of being able to relax and unwind only to find that i can't. My computer won't boot up. First, it took forever, which I expected after an update. After...
  5. windows update 1903 broke my photoshop

windows update 1903 broke my photoshop: hey I did update my windows 10, three days ago and since then, my photoshop doesn't work properly. I mean it stop in meddle of my project without saving or any back up. I did a lot of things like delete the last update, then the laptop update itself again, I add the ram...
  6. Windows 1903 update broke wi-fi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1903 update broke wi-fi: I was forced to install 1903, and when it FINALLY finished my PC did not automatically connect to wi-fi and when I displayed available connections it only showed the 2.4GHz connections. EVERY windows update screws up wi-fi one way or the other. Microsoft engineers should...
  7. Win 10 1903 update broke MS ToDo.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 1903 update broke MS ToDo.: Win 10 1903 update broke MS ToDo. Any list I pin to Start does not show the details, just the box - a blank box. This include My Day, Important, Planned and Tasks lists. They were of course working before this update. I have runned the troubleshooter but no go. Please help...
  8. 1903 - Broke On Battery Brightness Adjustment!

in Windows 10 Customization
    1903 - Broke On Battery Brightness Adjustment!: Got 1903 installed and now missing both of those sliders https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/69670d1458089843-adjust-screen-brightness-windows-10-a-adust_plan_brightness-2.png I can still adjust brightness for Plugged In mode in the notifications menu and...
  9. Windows Update Broke My Entire Home Network

Windows Update Broke My Entire Home Network: I use SMB to share the files on all my PCs and on my semi-NAS machine, my entire family uses this system to stream whatever content they want available on multiple PCs with ease even on their android devices. Since this update landed on every windows machine i own,...
  10. Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update Broke Network Sharing - Help!: Ugh -- network with 15 Win 10 machines running build 1803. With an insane amount of work, we made it past HomeGroup removal last May, & network sharing was working fine until yesterday. Two computers got the update to build 1809 yesterday, and that seriously broke sharing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 update broke vpn