Windows 10: Update to 1903 changed my internet browser access

Discus and support Update to 1903 changed my internet browser access in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm a long time user of all versions of Windows. A few days ago, I noticed in the system update app something about my version of Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Curious, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Curious Win User

Update to 1903 changed my internet browser access

I'm a long time user of all versions of Windows. A few days ago, I noticed in the system update app something about my version of Windows 10 Home nearing its end of life and that I should update. So I updated to the latest version, 1903(?). It took a long time but finally finished. To browse the internet, when I wish to remain annonymous, I sometimes use the Tor browser. But, since the Windows 10 update, some of the sites previously accessed by this browser now have become inaccessible. So something changed. What security change could the update have done that could have caused that? Thank you. Edit: Other browsers (Firefox, etc.) have no problems accessing these urls.

- - - Updated - - -

Solved. It was a noScript addon problem.

:)

Curious, Aug 25, 2019

2. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 25, 2019
  3. talksrm Win User
    Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working

This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I would be grateful of a resolution ASAP...

I have a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 1903 system which worked perfectly well before the 1903 update.

If I open Chrome, IE, Edge or Chrome Portable, after some thinking time, it may load one page, may not, then no subsequent web pages will load. The browser will freeze and eventually crash or just show no page, and continue to try loading.

If you close down the browser, and try again after a few minutes, a page or two will load, then they stop again.

I have verified through command prompt and pinging an external IP, that the internet connection is indeed working, and the computer in question does have internet. This has been further verified through the following steps:

1. OneDrive continues to update and sync.
    2. Microsoft Office continues to sync and I am able to work on it with no issues.
    3. I can see other devices on the network such as printers.
    4. Dropbox app continues to function fully.
    5. I am able to run a VPN connection from this faulty computer using Cisco Any Connect to my place of work with no issues, which 100% confirms, the computer is working on the internet fine.
    As this issue is occurring on any internet browser on the computer, this can't be linked to a specific browser.

I have so far attempted:

1. A chkdsk /f/r with no change in result.
    2. Verified with other computers on network that internet is working at normal speed and is functional which it is.
    3. Disabled all start-up processes in case anything was causing an issue. Nothing has been installed recently or changed so it was very unlikely this would be the cause.
    4. Disabled all network interfaces, and one by one, re-enabled and tested.
    5. Through PowerShell, performed dism /oneline /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    6. Through PowerShell, performed SFC /scannow
    7. Ran the Windows 10 Internet Connection troubleshooter
    8. Checked for any new Windows Updates - nothing available.
    9. Ran ipconfig /flushdns.
    10. Performed Start Menu+Ctrl+Shft+B command.
    11. Released and renewed the dynamically assigned IP address.
    As you can see from above, I have invested a considerable amount of time in trying to diagnose this issue, and I am getting nowhere.

Can someone please tell me what to do next as this issue is becoming a big problem.

talksrm, Aug 25, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Guidance needed to setup my Home PC access over Internet through browser

I wasn't giving steps on how to get RDP working, that is covered plenty of other places, I just give the steps to make it secure.

RDP. If they aren't tracking your Web browsing, I doubt they are going to track RDP.

And if you start the session from the command prompt it doesn't even put the address in the MRU list.

Though the question that needs to be asked now is, what are you using for your VM lab?

newtekie1, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Update to 1903 changed my internet browser access - Similar Threads - Update 1903 changed

2. 'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only: For several weeks my computer Windows 10 has been displaying the 'no internet access'/'no internet, secured' errors. This error is partly inaccurate as I have a no internet issues when using the browser. I can browse, stream, download/upload as normal. It also seems to be...
  3. 'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'No internet access' error - browser connectivity only: For several weeks my computer Windows 10 has been displaying the 'no internet access'/'no internet, secured' errors. This error is partly inaccurate as I have a no internet issues when using the browser. I can browse, stream, download/upload as normal. It also seems to be...
  4. Can't access internet in any browser

Can't access internet in any browser: Hello I have this strange problem since one week. I use my smartphone hotspot to access the internet in my laptop. But since last week I can't access internet in any of the browser Chrome, Firefox, Edge in the laptop. My laptop connects to smartphone hotspot, shows internet...
  5. Not able to access the internet using Chrome browser

Not able to access the internet using Chrome browser: I am using windows 10 on my laptop, a few weeks back I have installed Google Chrome on my laptop, but the problem is, whenever I open Chrome, a yellow border covers the chrome tab and Chrome do not get connected to the internet. if I run crome as an administrator, then it...
  6. Camera Access denied by Internet Browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Access denied by Internet Browsers: My webcam is not available for Facebook Video Call. I tried even by giving access to other apps on settings. I searched online hoping to find some solutions. I made some changes even in regedit.exe still not working. Simply getting a message Hardware Access error with red...
  7. No internet on 1903 cumulative update

No internet on 1903 cumulative update: I cannot access the internet after updating to the new cumulative update for Windows. I uninstalled the update back to base 1903, but I still can't connect. Everything was working fine before! I connect over ethernet to my desktop gaming PC...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working

Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working: This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I would be grateful of a resolution. I have a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 1903 system which worked perfectly well before the 1903 update. If I open Chrome, IE, Edge or Chrome Portable, after some thinking time, it may load one page,...
  9. Updates change my default Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updates change my default Browser.: Hi, It seems that everytime I turn my computer on or there has been an update, I have to reset Google Chrome as my Browser because windows has changed it back to Edge. I am wondering if there is a permanent fix for this as this is becoming such an inconvenience that I am...
  10. Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working

Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working: This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I would be grateful of a resolution ASAP... I have a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 1903 system which worked perfectly well before the 1903 update. If I open Chrome, IE, Edge or Chrome Portable, after some thinking time, it may load...