Windows 10: Update to 1903 halted by bluetooth

Discus and support Update to 1903 halted by bluetooth in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I tried to update to 1903 the process halted and gave me a box that told me I needed to update the drivers for my Bluetooth adapter. My Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BlueArkie, Nov 22, 2019.

1. BlueArkie Win User

Update to 1903 halted by bluetooth

When I tried to update to 1903 the process halted and gave me a box that told me I needed to update the drivers for my Bluetooth adapter. My Asus computer uses a Realtek RTL8821AE daughter card on the motherboard, which gives me Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. My problem is that the Bluetooth doesn't show up in Device Manager, so I can't update the drivers. Yet, Win10 update recognizes it.

:)

BlueArkie, Nov 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 1803 -> 1903 Update Fails Because of Realtek Bluetooth

Doesn't help. As I mentioned, I've already followed the steps outlined in the article - the problem is there is no Realtek device in my Bluetooth group in Device Manager; no such driver exists. There's also no corresponding Windows update that I could uninstall in Programs and Features for this, and no Realtek Bluetooth program I can uninstall - the only Realtek program I have is Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, which I don't think works for this. My computer doesn't even have an in-built Bluetooth device, I use an external Bluetooth Adapter (from TP-Link, dunno the specific model, and the driver I use is just Generic Bluetooth Radio). In my Bluetooth devices, there's my bluetooth speaker (boAt STONE 200), and the Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator (and a clone of the same, written in very weird script).

Dimensionist, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Time Lady Win User
    1903 and BlueTooth

It’s a known bug in ver 1903:

Unable to discover or connect to Bluetooth devices

Microsoft has identified compatibility issues with some driver versions for Bluetooth radios made by Realtek and Qualcomm. To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on devices with affected driver versions for Realtek or Qualcomm
    Bluetooth radios from being offered Windows 10, version 1903 or Windows Server, version 1903 until the driver has been updated.

Affected platforms:

Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Server: Windows Server, version 1903

Workaround: Check with your device manufacturer (OEM) to see if an updated driver is available and install it.

For Qualcomm drivers, you will need to install a driver version greater than 10.0.1.11.

For Realtek drivers, you will need to install a driver version greater than 1.5.1011.0.

Note Until an updated driver has been installed, we recommend you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool.

Next steps: Microsoft is working with Realtek and Qualcomm to release new drivers for all affected system via Windows Update.

Time Lady, Nov 22, 2019
  4. varxtis Win User

Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Update to 1903 halted by bluetooth - Similar Threads - Update 1903 halted

2. How do I halt the constant updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I halt the constant updating?: Greetings, Fellow Users,For the past several days I've had to endure the inescapable Microsoft Updates, only this time it's not a one-stop process: it won't stop. The updates have been arriving at the rate of once every other day, and the reason for that is the system's...
  3. How do I halt the constant updating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I halt the constant updating?: Greetings, Fellow Users,For the past several days I've had to endure the inescapable Microsoft Updates, only this time it's not a one-stop process: it won't stop. The updates have been arriving at the rate of once every other day, and the reason for that is the system's...
  4. How do I halt the constant updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update 1903 and Realtek Bluetooth

Windows Update 1903 and Realtek Bluetooth: Hello everyone, I have tried updating my computer with Windows 10 Update 1903 and it is been block by the realtek bluetooth issue Although I downloaded the drivers to update the driver but I do not see the driver in the device manager. What can I do to solve the issue?...
  6. Windows update and restart halted progression

Windows update and restart halted progression: For a while now my pc says that it needs to update and restart but every time I do it it gets stuck at 30% and nothing happens it doesn't increase in percentage or restart, a few times I've left it to update over the course of the day only to come back 6 or so hours later for...
  7. Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth dysfunctional (QCA61x4) after 1903 update: I got upgraded to Windows 10 v1903 2 days ago, and since then my bluetooth isn't working properly. The bluetooth icon shows up, but I cannot find or connect to any bluetooth devices, which I could before (which are from 2018) I've tried reinstalling bluetooth drivers...
  8. Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update

Bluetooth not connecting devices after 1903 update: I have a desktop PC with a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth numeric keypad, both of which were working well under W10 1809. Yesterday, I updated to 1903. Now I can't get either one to connect, using my CSR Harmony bluetooth dongle. I get a "no pairing response" message...
  9. bluetooth 1903

bluetooth 1903: when will bluetooth capabilities be restored to release 1903? work arounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-1903/8bc87df7-23b2-4bac-ad6c-56a5e5395a7d
  10. 1903 and BlueTooth

1903 and BlueTooth: Just downloaded 1903 to my LapTop today. All is well with the 1903 - 64bit. Except I don't have BlueTooth. So where do I go to download 1903 BlueTooth for my Windows 10 - 64 LapTop? Thanks....