Windows 10: Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed

Discus and support Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, After I installed the latest update (1903) my (full screen) start menu colour defaulted to black and can't be changed anymore. I’m able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Athice, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Athice Win User

Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed

Greetings,

After I installed the latest update (1903) my (full screen) start menu colour defaulted to black and can't be changed anymore.

I’m able to change the colour under "personalize" and the colour changes everywhere - except my start menu. If I change the start menu from full screen to the alternative version the chosen colour is applied, but when I change it back the menu changes to black again.

The transparency option doesn't work either on the menu but works on the taskbar.

Has anybody else experienced it and maybe found a solution? I already reset the start menu layout with the tools provided in this forum - as well as used the start menu trouble-shooter.

Thank you for any possible solutions. If you need any additional information, I'll try to provide it.

:)

Athice, Aug 29, 2019

2. Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903.

Previously I set my taskbar to blue and the start menu background also reflected that. After upgraded to 1903, the start menu background was black.

• I already set Default Windows Mode to Dark
    • I checked the box 'Show Accent color - Start, taskbar, and action center. I set the color to blue but the Start menu's background was not changed.
    • I have the latest NVIDIA driver.
    • Checked for Windows update and there was no update.

Interestingly, this only happened if I set the start menu to full screen. If it's not in full screen mode, the background was blue.

See Imgur

TachibanaKyosuke, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Aug 29, 2019
  4. DrNVS Win User

Start Menu background color customize

Thanks for the reply.

These procedures not helped to change the background color of the start menu by (right click)

Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed 2958a48f-fe66-4ba1-9f7b-f6e477df9a30.png

I want to change the black color to grey color as previous.

Please help.

Also previously right click will show the control panel, system, device manager etc. now it is not showing.

DrNVS, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed - Similar Threads - Update 1903 Start

2. Update 1903 Start Menu Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update 1903 Start Menu Issue: My computer updated automatically from Win 10 1803 to 1903 on 8/5/19. The first issue I found was a Onedrive app icon in the start menu that was not there prior to the update, I delete the desktop app long ago. When clicking the icon nothing happens, when right clicking the...
  3. Can't Change Start Menu Language

Can't Change Start Menu Language: I changed the language. But still can't change some parts of the start menu. [ATTACH] As you can see, I wrote "language" to the search bar and the result is in "Turkish" (previous language). And also I can't open anything by click on them. So I want them "English" too....
  4. Windows 10 start menu not changing colors

Windows 10 start menu not changing colors: http://puu.sh/ChPmZ/745c8432b3.jpg Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu taskbar" is ticked...
  5. Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar

Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar: This post is intended for Build 9926 and you are using the default Start Menu. To change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Personalization > Color And Appearance then select Show Color Mixer. These 3 sliders will...
  6. Start menu text color

Start menu text color: good morning, im not sure if this has been posted and solved, but i have a hard time reading the start menu text..i even changed the default app mode from dark to light. and i cant figure out how to change the color of the text. any help would be appreciated thankyou in...
  7. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755
  8. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729
  9. Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color: I recently installed Win10 Home on my laptop, and the only color choices I have for the accent are a set of about 50 color swatches, all of which are pretty garish. This tutorial shows an option to set color with HSB, which I used in the past in 8.1, but those options are...
  10. Can't change my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change my start menu: Hi ever since I had first installed Win10 my start menu has looked like this, [img] I thought nothing of it but my dad's start menu has tiles and things on it and I like it a lot more. But I have NO IDEA how to change it to that. Sometimes when I start windows the start...