Windows 10: Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed

Discus and support Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, After I installed the latest update (1903) my (full screen) start menu colour defaulted to black and can't be changed anymore. I’m able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Athice, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Athice Win User

Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed

Greetings,

After I installed the latest update (1903) my (full screen) start menu colour defaulted to black and can't be changed anymore.

I’m able to change the colour under "personalize" and the colour changes everywhere - except my start menu. If I change the start menu from full screen to the alternative version the chosen colour is applied, but when I change it back the menu changes to black again.

The transparency option doesn't work either on the menu but works on the taskbar.

Has anybody else experienced it and maybe found a solution? I already reset the start menu layout with the tools provided in this forum - as well as used the start menu trouble-shooter.

Thank you for any possible solutions. If you need any additional information, I'll try to provide it.

:)

Athice, Aug 29, 2019

2. Start menu background was black after updated to build 1903.

Previously I set my taskbar to blue and the start menu background also reflected that. After upgraded to 1903, the start menu background was black.

• I already set Default Windows Mode to Dark
    • I checked the box 'Show Accent color - Start, taskbar, and action center. I set the color to blue but the Start menu's background was not changed.
    • I have the latest NVIDIA driver.
    • Checked for Windows update and there was no update.

Interestingly, this only happened if I set the start menu to full screen. If it's not in full screen mode, the background was blue.

See Imgur

TachibanaKyosuke, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Aug 29, 2019
  4. DrNVS Win User

Start Menu background color customize

Thanks for the reply.

These procedures not helped to change the background color of the start menu by (right click)

Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed 2958a48f-fe66-4ba1-9f7b-f6e477df9a30.png

I want to change the black color to grey color as previous.

Please help.

Also previously right click will show the control panel, system, device manager etc. now it is not showing.

DrNVS, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed - Similar Threads - Update 1903 Start

2. Recent Windows Update changed start menu colors.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Windows Update changed start menu colors.: A recent windows 10 update changed the background and tile colors. I have tried the fixes recommended but none of them work. I am not sure why this was done but the visibility of the tiles, etc based on the default color changes is very poor. How do I get back my old color...
  3. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  4. Windows start menu is gray and i can't change the color

Windows start menu is gray and i can't change the color: Hi, i reinstalled windows 10 using the media creation tool 2004 and now my start menu is gray and i'm not finding any solution to this, the color is set to red, in the preview i can see that the windows start menu' is red but when i open it is totally gray. Do you know how to...
  5. Changing the transparency color in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the transparency color in start menu?: [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:...
  6. Changing the transparency color of the start menu?

Changing the transparency color of the start menu?: In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme like this https://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/after-regedit.png , but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but...
  7. Changing the transparency color in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the transparency color in start menu?: [ATTACH] In past Windows 10 versions the color of the transparent part changed with the color scheme (like this), but now no matter what color I pick it's this washed-out lifeless gray in dark mode or same but lighter in light mode even after reboot:...
  8. possible to change color of start menu only

possible to change color of start menu only: Id like to change color of start menu only while preserving the accent color for window titles. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-to-change-color-of-start-menu-only/c19459bb-3e74-4d59-8da4-76578fa526c1
  9. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  10. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant change colour of start menu

2. change windows 1903 start menu back to black

3. update 1903 my screen changed and i do not like it