Windows 10: Update to 1909 Restore Stuck

Discus and support Update to 1909 Restore Stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to install the update to 1909 but it failed and began a restore to the previous installed version which ran for several days. Subsequently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlaskanRogue, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Update to 1909 Restore Stuck

I attempted to install the update to 1909 but it failed and began a restore to the previous installed version which ran for several days. Subsequently I hard shutdown the system, but upon restart it continued to try to restore. I let it run several more days. Still stuck. Tried it again.

Tried a hard reset of the system hoping to get to the boot options screen, but end up again trying to restore. Is there someway to break the cycle and perhaps force a boot from a USB flash drive to do a fresh install; I have a Media Creation Tool created drive ready to go?

:)

AlaskanRogue, Jan 24, 2020

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Update to 1909 Restore Stuck

Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Update to 1909 Restore Stuck

1. Update to 1909 Restore Stuck - Similar Threads - Update 1909 Restore

2. Can't update windows 10. Stuck in 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update windows 10. Stuck in 1909: When i try to update via windows update I get the error code: 0x80070020I tried and downloaded 22H2 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and I get the error code: 0x80004005Tried all kind of solutions. Everything listed in this thread...
  3. Can't update windows 10. Stuck in 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update windows 10. Stuck in 1909: When i try to update via windows update I get the error code: 0x80070020I tried and downloaded 22H2 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and I get the error code: 0x80004005Tried all kind of solutions. Everything listed in this thread...
  4. Cant update windows, stuck in version 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update windows, stuck in version 1909: After updating to Windows 10 version 1909 i cant update any further. Its been more than a year i cant update at all. Tried most of the solutions like update assistance but no luck. It also shows error 0×80070652....
  5. Cant update windows, stuck in version 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant update windows, stuck in version 1909: After updating to Windows 10 version 1909 i cant update any further. Its been more than a year i cant update at all. Tried most of the solutions like update assistance but no luck. It also shows error 0×80070652....
  6. Windows update stuck on 1909 ..

Windows update stuck on 1909 ..: Hi,I am looking desperately for help to get my desktop to the latest update. I have done everything that I have been able to find in the community but am still not able to get through the update. I have personally read and follow your recommendations but no luck.Here is my...
  7. Update from 1909 to 20H2 Stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update from 1909 to 20H2 Stuck at 99%: After 4 hours of waiting the upgrade from version 1909 to 20H2 is stuck at "Getting things ready 99%" - after several downloads and installing operation. How long do I wait? Can I reboot via the power switch and see if that clears it. Any other options? Can I go back to 1909...
  8. Windows 1909 Update Stuck at 91%

Windows 1909 Update Stuck at 91%: Hi, I am trying to update my Windows 10 Version 1809 to 1909, but it keeps getting stuck at 91%. I even left it running overnight in case it was a really large update, but it was still 91% in the morning. Please help! Thank you in advance :...
  9. Windows 10 update 1909 stuck at 70%

Windows 10 update 1909 stuck at 70%: Running an up to date Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex. I've been trying to update one of my pc's to the Windows 1909 build and it gets to 70% and stops. I've updated outdated drivers, restarted the update several times under different profiles with Admin privileges, tried...
  10. Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen

Windows 1909 update stuck on boot screen: I am trying to update my laptop to the 1909 update and when it finishes installing it get stuck on the manufacturer logo screen and doesn't boot. it's the 4th time I try to install it and nothing, I tried installing it with the windows update option, downloading it with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell restore windows update 1909 stuck