Windows 10: update to 2004-do a new install,many solutions and advice dont help

Discus and support update to 2004-do a new install,many solutions and advice dont help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; if your update to windows 10 failed its better to reinstall https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 also once windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by royverma9, Aug 5, 2020.

1. royverma9 Win User

update to 2004-do a new install,many solutions and advice dont help

if your update to windows 10 failed

its better to reinstall

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

also

once windows 10 upgrade fails from .>start>settings>update security>update

it is just a nightmare to upgrade

validation {internal is problem

sfc scannow- no problems

dism health check--validation errors,this is where many failed upgrade happens

once the new install goes through

i try update and it got to 2004 ok

also one can use windows 10 upgrade assistant

took some time and now

laptop runs much better

hp envy Intel 7

hope this helps

:)

royverma9, Aug 5, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Rrobert5 Win User
    I keep getting "we couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x8007001f)"

I have been trying to install the latest feature update (2004) and I've been getting this message. I've try many times. I see this kind of error is listed in some previous discussions, but there doesn't seem to be a universal solution. I have tried many
    of the solutions mentioned without success. Can you point me to a step by step resolution?

Thanks

Rrobert5, Aug 5, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond update to 2004-do a new install,many solutions and advice dont help :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. update to 2004-do a new install,many solutions and advice dont help - Similar Threads - update 2004 install

2. Sound suddenly stopped working. Usual Solutions dont help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound suddenly stopped working. Usual Solutions dont help: I was working on the pc did not install anything and my sound stopped working. However, it worked before.My Bluetooth headset works fine however two different sound outputs that are plugged into my PC don't work anymore.If I do the troubleshoot service it says Audio services...
  3. Update dont install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update dont install: My windows update fails everytime. I have Windows 10 and I dont think how long it has been when the last update. I tried today but it is not working. I need help. This is a Home edition if it helps....
  4. Update dont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update dont install: My windows update fails everytime. I have Windows 10 and I dont think how long it has been when the last update. I tried today but it is not working. I need help. This is a Home edition if it helps....
  5. Update dont install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Help with update to 2004

Help with update to 2004: Yesterday my HTPC updated to Win 10 - 2004. The update did not go smoothly. After the update the computer audio is completely messed up. The mouse (logitech trackpad) is jerky and not working properly (virtually every function is doing something odd). The whole computer is...
  7. Installing Windows 10 2004 update help

Installing Windows 10 2004 update help: Is windows 10 2004 totally fixed to install? And download and install option of windows 2004 is appearing in windows update since May. So please answer....
  8. Update 2004 and still no HomeGroup Solution. Any Help?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update 2004 and still no HomeGroup Solution. Any Help?: We all know that Microsoft, for all the good things they do, whacked us pretty hard when they dropped us from using HomeGroup. Is there a workaround in this era of forcing us out of the convenience to share files with other users in our home? I've tried one from youtube but...
  9. Help with 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with 2004 update: Hey guys 2004 update showed up in my Windows Updates. That thing was struck on "getting things ready - 0%" for like an eternity and it downloaded like 5GB of data overtime. So I rebooted and started windows update again, it said 'downloading - 99%' at which it again...
  10. Rural Broadband Solution advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rural Broadband Solution advice: Hi all I live in a very rural location where my BB speed has recently been upgraded to 0.9Mb. I also have poor 4G mobile signal strength and so I'm looking into options. (Moving house may be one of them! *Smile ) My thinking so far is to go for a 4G router connected to...