Windows 10: Update to 20H2 completely breaks all user input options

Discus and support Update to 20H2 completely breaks all user input options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Acer AZ3_710_W all-in-one PC. It has touch screen, and I also use a USB mouse and keyboard.Windows sometimes forces me to update. Whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tech404, Apr 28, 2021.

1. tech404 Win User

Update to 20H2 completely breaks all user input options

I have an Acer AZ3_710_W all-in-one PC. It has touch screen, and I also use a USB mouse and keyboard.Windows sometimes forces me to update. Whenever I install the update 20H2, it reboots, and then absolutely none of my inputs work. That includes touch screen, and USB mouse and keyboard. I cannot use my computer at all, and I have to restart the computer a bunch of times for it to load windows recovery, where I am able to roll back the update.After rolling back the latest update, it works. But then a week or so later, it forces me to update to that same 20H2 update again, and

:)

tech404, Apr 28, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update to 20H2 completely breaks all user input options :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Apr 28, 2021
  4. HotelHero Win User

Windows 10 Update broke my computer

Can confirm 20H2 "breaks" the drive where none of the suggested recovery options work whatsoever.

Even a recovery USB and the like.

My wifes desktop (work) and my laptop (work)both died after updating with no recocery availability.

Even the download option doesnt work including every option on this list.

HotelHero, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Update to 20H2 completely breaks all user input options - Similar Threads - Update 20H2 completely

2. Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete: Why is windows 11 disabling keyboard drivers after it updates it self? I've tried everything on the internet to get it to work without success. Even a usb keyboard will not work. Ran SFC and DISM, reinstalled windows 11 over top of itself that also did not work. Please help...
  3. Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete: Why is windows 11 disabling keyboard drivers after it updates it self? I've tried everything on the internet to get it to work without success. Even a usb keyboard will not work. Ran SFC and DISM, reinstalled windows 11 over top of itself that also did not work. Please help...
  4. An Optional Update in 20H2 x64...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An Optional Update in 20H2 x64...: KB4598291 If one looks closely at this KB, relevance comes to mind. If there seems to be none to a User... might just pass. Reminder: It is optional. Here are the highlights. Do they relate to you? They didn't in my case ergo, I will pass. "Don't fix what's not broken"...
  5. 20H2 update breaks Battery Saver slider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 update breaks Battery Saver slider: TL;DR: Does anyone know how to customize the battery charge percentage at which the PC enables Batter Saver? Before, I had a slider for the Battery Saver feature; it allowed users to set a custom percentage in 5% increments. Since the 20H2 update, this is gone and I'm...
  6. Updates completely breaking my computer? UPDATE: Laptop can't restart AT ALL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates completely breaking my computer? UPDATE: Laptop can't restart AT ALL: UPDATE: I have now found that my laptop cannot restart at all, doing so leaves it hanging on a black screen with the hardware lights still on. This means I can't run memory diagnostics/finish updates etc. Any advice for this? ORIGINAL: So, I've been having an issue lately....
  7. Updates completely breaking my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates completely breaking my computer?: So, I've been having an issue lately. Every time my PC does an update according to event viewer, the last two times this has happened it was the "2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems" it will then refuse to boot up. Any attempt to turn...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 update breaks windows update.

Windows 10 20H2 update breaks windows update.: After updating to windows 10 20H2, windows update is stuck at checking for updates. Every time I try to shutdown or restart it always says update and shutdown and update and restart which takes forever to shutdown and restart the computer. I have restarted the PC a few times...
  9. Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely: I'm not even going to mention how thick and ugly the new search bar looks compared to the other ui elements, or how having to press enter to actually search for something instead of it happening in real time with each letter narrowing down the search like before; but what...
  10. Windows update completely breaks language selection

Windows update completely breaks language selection: This is just getting ridiculous. Every time there`s a windows update, an issue happens with language selection. Default language won`t work, or an extra keyboard is added for no reason, or am forced to use one language I don`t want to that`s tied to the wrong keyboard...