Windows 10: Update to build 1493.10 - fonts bad

Discus and support Update to build 1493.10 - fonts bad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated to 1493.10, and now frequently the fonts look terrible - Facebook, eBay, either in Chrome or Edge. Facebook in a browser has clearly changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by awalt, Aug 2, 2016.

1. awalt Win User

Update to build 1493.10 - fonts bad

I updated to 1493.10, and now frequently the fonts look terrible - Facebook, eBay, either in Chrome or Edge. Facebook in a browser has clearly changed the font type. Anyone else see this? It;s like fonts are broken - I went into Font Settings and reset the default fonts, no change. It even looks bad at 125% (see attached picture of a random comment list from Facebook/Washington Post). This looks like fonts from 20 years ago.

What should I do - can I reinstall, do you think that might help?

Update to build 1493.10 - fonts bad [​IMG]

:)

awalt, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Dey5252 Win User

How do i change the font? Not the font size.

After updating windows 10 the fonts has changed. I barely can read them.
    How do i change the font, not
    the font size, in Windows 10?

Build 15063

Dey5252, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 sticky notes- can't change font size in 1709 build

Sticky notes have been working fine until this build 1709 update.

All font options work, except increase and decrease font size.

Any ideas please?

Rod York 1, Aug 2, 2016
  4. awalt Win User

No replies, so I rolled back to the prior release 10586 via Windows Recovery. The fonts are fine again. If I get my nerve up I'll try 1493 again, but I have never seen fonts this bad - and it was pretty much across the board.

awalt, Aug 3, 2016
  5. awalt Win User
    This morning I re-updated to 1493.10, and so far after an hour the fonts are fine. Thinking back, the thing I did before I noticed bad fonts was brought up Edge, and added about 4 extensions - standard ones - Adblock, Adblock Plus, and Evernote are the ones I remember. I am wondering of something in this process was the culprit. I also deleted all my Edge favorites and re-imported Favorites from Chrome. So tomorrow I will work with Edge a bit, and if all ok the day after I *may* add the extensions in (or not - I may just count my blessings and move on from this).

Oh - I also was more careful and noticed it complained about needing to reinstall Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 - I just uninstalled that, don't need/use it. I did have to update the driver for Bluetooth and then it worked fine.

Thanks for the help so far lol ;-) ! At least documenting my journey here may help someone else.

awalt, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Update to build 1493.10 - fonts bad - Similar Threads - Update build 1493

2. Bad font in browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad font in browsers: What's wrong with my fonts?I opened this website and I came across this font, I thought that the website has problem, but when i opened the same page on my phone i understood that the problem is on my side 'cause the page looked good on my phone.But i don't know what's wrong...
  3. Update windows 10 build 19042.508 or 576 .. very very very bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update windows 10 build 19042.508 or 576 .. very very very bad: Hi Hi Download file iso windows 10 build 19042.576 And burn or bootable ...to flash drive.. After install show blue screen ... Another test Download file iso windows 10 build 19041.450 And burn or bootable ...to flash drive.. After install no problem. No...
  4. Bad Quality Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Quality Font: Lately I have been having low quality font and I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried playing around with cleartype (which is enabled) but with little effect. I don't really want to format to resolve this issue. [img] 164068
  5. [Help] Windows 10 Build 1909 Blurry fonts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Windows 10 Build 1909 Blurry fonts: Hello, I just freshly installed Windows 10 Pro Build 1909 and the font looks horrible everywhere, apps, explorers, settings, etc. I've tried everything on google that I could find (registry, fresh driver installs, ClearType, adjust for best appearance, the custom scale at...
  6. Windows 10 UWP apps have bad font rendering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 UWP apps have bad font rendering: [ATTACH] I'm using Windows 10 Home Insider Preview (Fast), I see all UWP apps (include Photos, Setting,...) have bad font rendering, but I not sure it is Windows problem or my laptop problem Setting (bad font rendering) Photo (bad font rendering) File Explorer...
  7. Windows 10 1903 build Update.exe bad image

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 build Update.exe bad image: to anyone, I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro 64bit to Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 build. After the upgrade when I start certain programs like Teams or Lenovo system update I get error message Update.exe-Bad image C:\Windows\System32\edputil.dll is either not designed to run on...
  8. Windows 10 Build 1903 Updated, Some Fonts are Wrong

Windows 10 Build 1903 Updated, Some Fonts are Wrong: Before I update, It was smooth font. After Updated, The font is looks like pixel. Before update: Build 1803 After Update: Build 1903 and Before Update, I set font to Other Font. Pictures [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 updates--Bad

Windows 10 updates--Bad: Every time Windows 10 updates my computer is slow, crashes, video play back is blurred, live streaming video is blurred and sticks. The answers I received did not work. I gave up. Then, the videos became watchable, until the next update. Then the video problems return. I'm...
  10. Change Font Win 10 build 17083

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Font Win 10 build 17083: The latest insider build has a setting for fonts. I tried to change fonts but it will not let me. Any ideas why? 103317