Windows 10: update to my bsod dilemma software is the culprit..

Discus and support update to my bsod dilemma software is the culprit.. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; got tricked into again purchasing Malabytes Malware software ( they processed my credit card without asking ) .. it allowed me three licences for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ttodd0450, Dec 31, 2016.

1. ttodd0450 Win User

update to my bsod dilemma software is the culprit..

got tricked into again purchasing Malabytes Malware software ( they processed my credit card without asking ) .. it allowed me three licences for the software to monitor three PC's. .two Windows 10 ( one is laptop other is PC ) and my windows XP pro which I still run on a rebootable HD in the same PC ..

have had numerous problems with the software but the biggest being that after only a few hours on the HP laptop elitebook 8730W if I moved the mouse pointer on a web site or even my desktop the entire screen went into BSOD along with sad happy face and something has gone wrong please reboot .. ( see attached) .. after a few time in three days of htis I decided to completely remove all of the malabytes software and guess what?.,, after 5 days NO more BSOD .. But this is only happened on the windows 10 laptop never had the BSOD on the PC windows 10 ... why ?
    The other problem,is the still on both windows 10 is the digitally signed driver is required for both windows 10 but not the windows XP pro .. only problem I have pro is after a restart /reboot into windows xp I have to do a full scan for the program to report success you are now ready to start..) .. I have windows defender on both the win 10 machines maybe I don't need the Malabytes software at all.. I am going to reque$t a full refund as one of the these two party's on my machines -don't like each other ! ........ and wanted to find out If " I am the only one with these experiences ????? "

:)

ttodd0450, Dec 31, 2016

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

Volume² is an awesome piece of software and I miss it a lot.

The Creators Update is the culprit. They made some changes to the kernel and broke the OS. I don't know how to fix it. I tried to contact the developer, but it seems he is inactive and probably won't update the application. But I'm not sure anymore if the
    problem is only the Volume².

I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop.

On my main laptop, I decided to not install the Creators Update, and stick with the Anniversary Update. Well at least for the next 180 days. That's the max time we are allowed to deter updates. Only works on Windows 10 Professional. I use Volume² here with
    no problems.

My 2nd laptop has the Creators Update and was installed via Windows Update. This was the computer that I used to troubleshoot the BSOD issue.

I disabled all the services and applications, and slowly turned the services and applications ON until it starts doing BSOD.

Just moving files around triggered the BSOD, so it was kinda easy to detect what was the culprit application. The BSOD stopped after removing Volume².

But, Volume² isn't the culprit on my Desktop. I uninstalled Volume² but the BSOD still happens while moving files around.

So I need to do the same troubleshooting I've done on my 2nd Laptop and repeat on my desktop.

Still not convinced that Volume² is the only software at fault here.

I will try and do a clean install of Creators Update on my 2nd laptop and the 1st software I install is Volume² and check for a BSOD. If it doesn't happen with only Volume² installed, it means it might be a combination of software's creating the issue.

Marco.Freire, Dec 31, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    BSOD driver problem?

Try updating your AHCI Compatible Raid Controller Driver, it seems to be the culprit causing your BSOD's

DaveM121, Dec 31, 2016
  4. BRKKAB Win User

I have Malwarebytes 3.0 on my Windows 10 pc. Personally, I have everything turned off in it, as I use Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 on my pc.
    I have found in the past that Malwarebytes isn't as good as people claim it is. I personally found that SUPERAntiSpyware found things that Malwarebytes missed.

BRKKAB, Dec 31, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    SAS finds mostly cookies, Malwarebytes doesn't focus much on cookies AFAIK.
    I know cookies can be dangerous too, but Malwarebytes does catch the dangerous part.

axe0, Jan 1, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    There are threads here and on other forums of problems with Malwarebytes 3.0 version. The older 2.xx version is OK. Most recommend holding off installing 3.0 until they get it right.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. update to my bsod dilemma software is the culprit.. - Similar Threads - update bsod dilemma

2. Verification Dilemma

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification Dilemma: Hello and thank you for any help you can give to rescue my laptop from being a brick for the next 30 daysI bought a new laptop Lenovo i7 with Windows 11 and in setting it up I chose to use my thumbprint to unlock the computer. It also had me sign into my Microsoft account....
  3. Verification Dilemma

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verification Dilemma: Hello and thank you for any help you can give to rescue my laptop from being a brick for the next 30 daysI bought a new laptop Lenovo i7 with Windows 11 and in setting it up I chose to use my thumbprint to unlock the computer. It also had me sign into my Microsoft account....
  4. Microsoft dilemma

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft dilemma: A while back, I deleted my hotmail acct. not realizing it was tied to my laptop log on. It is an old 2010 Dell XPS that was running Windows 7 that I upgraded to Windows 10! I recently got a notice that it was no longer a valid email so I created a new hotmail acct and...
  5. Microsoft dilemma

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft dilemma: A while back, I deleted my hotmail acct. not realizing it was tied to my laptop log on. It is an old 2010 Dell XPS that was running Windows 7 that I upgraded to Windows 10! I recently got a notice that it was no longer a valid email so I created a new hotmail acct and...
  6. Little dilemma

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Little dilemma: Hey guys I've never had this problem and I've built quite a bit of pcs for my immediate family and friends. I built 2 PCS for my friends cousins for Christmas, and wrote down the passwords and pins and everything in the box and they lost them some how lol. For the life of me...
  7. On the EDGE of a dilemma

in Browsers and Email
    On the EDGE of a dilemma: The recent update for new EDGE did not update it. Instead (for the second time) it has wiped it out, first signalled by its Desktop icon vanishing. At first I tried to find it on my Tablet PC using a variety of Search engines and launchers, including Power Toys, Wox,...
  8. Windows 10 update dilemma

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update dilemma: So I have 2 laptops undated and Oh I wish they hadn't.... I can do anything for very long 25-45min with out it suddenly restarting because if has discovered a problem...... Anyone else had this recently?? I had updates totally kill one computer years ago but it was pretty...
  9. OneDrive Dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Dilemma: I have W 10 with latest update on 2 computers. I have OneDrive, which contains the Desktop Folder. This was great when I got a new computer, d/l W10 + updates and signed in as my desktop got instantly populated. But here is my problem. I have about 6 folders I want on my...
  10. A dilemma...

in Windows 10 Support
    A dilemma...: [img] 116030