Windows 10: Update to PC 4-5 days ago. All my software is inoperable. Troubleshooter says everything is...

Discus and support Update to PC 4-5 days ago. All my software is inoperable. Troubleshooter says everything is... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got a screen message that an update was being performed on my PC 4-5 days ago. My homepage is different, I lost all my browsers, it won't let me do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PorterHughes, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Update to PC 4-5 days ago. All my software is inoperable. Troubleshooter says everything is...

Got a screen message that an update was being performed on my PC 4-5 days ago. My homepage is different, I lost all my browsers, it won't let me do a system restore... all my software is inoperable. Troubleshooter says everything is 'incompatible file'.

:)

PorterHughes, Jul 5, 2019

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Mouse stopped working 2 days ago

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons for this matter to occur. One possible cause is your
    drivers
    might be
    outdated
    or the issue is within the
    device/hardware
    itself. However, we need to make sure that it is the case. To isolate the issue, we have
    some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried downloading and installing the latest driver update available in your computer/laptop manufacturer's
      website?

• Have you tried using the device to another computer?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    Device Vendor manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Update to PC 4-5 days ago. All my software is inoperable. Troubleshooter says everything is...

Update Windows 10 after 5 months in storage?

Hi Nitram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the latest updates on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which were the updates you found to be installed on youe device?
    • Did you check if those update are already installed under View installed updates?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "My PC has been in storage for 5 months"?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if those updates are already installed:

Follow:

• Right click on the Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • Click on View installed updates.

Step 2: Disable anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software.

Step 3: I suggest you to
    run Windows Update troubleshooter

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Update to PC 4-5 days ago. All my software is inoperable. Troubleshooter says everything is...

1. Update to PC 4-5 days ago. All my software is inoperable. Troubleshooter says everything is... - Similar Threads - Update days ago

2. I have a 4090 and everything was in working order until about 5 days ago. I started...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a 4090 and everything was in working order until about 5 days ago. I started...: Hello! As the title states I have been getting really bad lag in every single game. The lag is so bad that the game in unplayable. Iv noticed that it gets worse when I use higher graphics settings. It says my FPS is still very high but my character in game in frozen. I have...
  3. I have a 4090 and everything was in working order until about 5 days ago. I started...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a 4090 and everything was in working order until about 5 days ago. I started...: Hello! As the title states I have been getting really bad lag in every single game. The lag is so bad that the game in unplayable. Iv noticed that it gets worse when I use higher graphics settings. It says my FPS is still very high but my character in game in frozen. I have...
  4. Windows 10 started crashing 4 days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 started crashing 4 days ago: 4 days ago, I woke up to my motherboard beeping because my computer had crashed. I can reliably get the computer to crash if I turn my screens off, BUT if I am playing videos with VLC, the crash will not happen until the videos are done playing. In an attempt to fix the...
  5. Windows 10 started crashing 4 days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 started crashing 4 days ago: 4 days ago, I woke up to my motherboard beeping because my computer had crashed. I can reliably get the computer to crash if I turn my screens off, BUT if I am playing videos with VLC, the crash will not happen until the videos are done playing. In an attempt to fix the...
  6. Windows 10 started crashing 4 days ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stopcode, restart, when restarting PC goes back to 4 days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopcode, restart, when restarting PC goes back to 4 days ago: I have been having stopcode restarts with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT for 5 days. Upon restart all settings and changes from the last 4 days are discarded and computer reverts to settings from 4 days ago.Research online suggest a problem with new solfware...
  8. Stopcode, restart, when restarting PC goes back to 4 days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopcode, restart, when restarting PC goes back to 4 days ago: I have been having stopcode restarts with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT for 5 days. Upon restart all settings and changes from the last 4 days are discarded and computer reverts to settings from 4 days ago.Research online suggest a problem with new solfware...
  9. Pc froze/restarted twice 4-5 days apart. event id 161 (4-5 days apart)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc froze/restarted twice 4-5 days apart. event id 161 (4-5 days apart): Was playing black desert as usual when my pc just restarted.Event viewer said it was event id 161 Volmgr https://imgur.com/a/OIbNdYk?fbclid=IwAR34-WbY-KokRFTpnmHUuAJ-4Rbnw0z5hLv8II8CoDJTMvlxoovT2ITzwS4 the first time it happend was on the 1st of november playing the same game...
  10. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD 4-5 a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD 4-5 a day: Hello, I've been getting around 5 daily BSOD's, ranging from PAGE_FAULT_IN NONPAGED_AREAS, to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and the most recent/common of DRIVER_CORRUPT_EXPOOL. I know my way around troubleshooting the more common problems, but this is quite out of my depth and I...