Windows 10: Update to V.2004 (OSBuild 19041.630) Now cannot view desktop icons.

Discus and support Update to V.2004 (OSBuild 19041.630) Now cannot view desktop icons. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; With the previous version of W.10 ( Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572) and every previous version of Windows I have used The main advantage were Icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by billz, Dec 17, 2020.

1. billz Win User

Update to V.2004 (OSBuild 19041.630) Now cannot view desktop icons.

With the previous version of W.10 ( Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572) and every previous version of Windows I have used The main advantage were Icons representing up to 60 different folders and whatever I had pasted containing all my files and sub folders in front of me at the end of start up as I switch off my computer when not in use. The nice picture of a night time tent and stars or whatever being wallpaper was just that. A wall to paste something on.
    Now my folders have gone from display and I cannot even paste a new folder on the wallpaper. To get to the previous desktop folders I have to go hunting.
    How can I return my Windows to looking at my work and not looking at Microsoft Artwork.

:)

billz, Dec 17, 2020

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Update to V.2004 (OSBuild 19041.630) Now cannot view desktop icons.

desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on
            desktop, click on View.

• Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Update to V.2004 (OSBuild 19041.630) Now cannot view desktop icons.

1. Update to V.2004 (OSBuild 19041.630) Now cannot view desktop icons. - Similar Threads - Update 2004 OSBuild

2. View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    View files as icons on Desktop ONLY?: Is there a way to vie files as icons only on the desktop? Thumbnails make it harder to find the files, as they al look like small white rectangles. Its not like you can make out any detail at that size. Much easier to look for an app icon since I know what app it was made...
  3. Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs: I updated to latest windows 10 fall feature update, v. 2004. The update went fine, but I notices some programs performing slowly and major graphics glitches. After checking that all my drivers for video were updated to latest and finding no improvement, I decided to revert to...
  4. Black desktop with icons after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black desktop with icons after updating to 2004: When updating from 18363 to 19041 Windows 10 x64 and after reboot the desktop is black. I had this in June. I had this a few days back. Q: is this a known issue? Yes, I read about black screens-issues, but I don't know whether others are facing screens that are entirely...
  5. MSIX Toolkit updated for Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041

in Windows 10 News
    MSIX Toolkit updated for Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041: We have released a refresh to the MSIX Toolkit. The Toolkit has been updated with redistributables from the Windows 10, version 2004 SDK. In addition we have created easy to download individual .zip files for x86 and x64. MSIX Toolkit is available on Github: GitHub -...
  6. V.2004 Update Notification Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    V.2004 Update Notification Question: WU on my system has the message stating that v.2004 is available, but that my system isnt eligible to receive it currently. That I understand. The question is: When the FU is available for my system, will a notice show up in the Message Center, or will I have to check on WU...
  7. Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing: I just updated from version 1909 to version 2004 last night. This morning I looked at Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced options, and found that the "Choose when updates are installed" option is now missing. Was this change intentional, or is it a bug? I...
  8. Windows 10 SDK for Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 SDK for Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041 now available: The Windows 10 SDK for Windows 10, version 2004 is now available with a go-live license. Build 19041, also known as the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, is now in the Release Preview Windows Insider ring. New APIs and Features for developers Every Windows 10 update is loaded...
  9. Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view

Desktop Icons & Taskbar out of view: I didn't turn off my computer last night. Just my monitor was in sleep mode. I came back to it this morning to find that my task bar and my desktop icons are just out of view. you can barely see them. I will post a screenshot of what i see in a minute. I've already...
  10. cannot view Windows 10 desktop icons anymore

cannot view Windows 10 desktop icons anymore: How can I re-display desktop icons? Did I save to many of them, which might have locked up that feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/cannot-view-windows-10-desktop-icons-anymore/86340d5c-6914-498d-a106-f8abb652cb4d