Windows 10: Update to version 2004 is not working so good

Discus and support Update to version 2004 is not working so good in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have tried several different ways to update my windows 10 pro v 1909 to v2004 and they all come out with same result. windows works but when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Octopolus, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Octopolus Win User

Update to version 2004 is not working so good

i have tried several different ways to update my windows 10 pro v 1909 to v2004 and they all come out with same result.
    windows works but when i rightclick on the startmenu and choose device manager for example nothing happens. almost all the options in the rightclick menu are unable to open that way.

i have tried to install the kb that fixes major problems, the kb4571744, but i get the message that it can not be installed on my machine and i selected the x264 for win10 when downloading the kb.

i have tried to update to v2004 from regular windows update, windows 10 update assistant and media creation tool,

when i run sfc/scannow on my pc it finds no errors.
    i had avira antivirus installed but i uninstalled it with revo uninstaller before the update to v2004.

what can be wrong here and what other ways can i try to make a successful update to v2004 with no errors?

:)

Octopolus, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Jpv_2020 Win User

windows version 2004 update

After windows version 2004 update, internet is not working - tried all the trouble shooting steps but issue was persisted. Internet started to work only after reverting to previous version 1909

Jpv_2020, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Time Lady Win User

Windows 10 update 2004

Good luck with the other user’s suggestion.

My go-to list when updating to a new version of Windows is:

Disconnect all external USB devices apart from mouse & keyboard.

Turn off/disable third party antivirus.

Change desktop theme to default.

Change screensaver to None.

Set sleep to off.

Doing this I’ve never had problems.

With 2004 I’m discovering the problem is with Malwarebytes & not my pc/Windows.

Time Lady, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Update to version 2004 is not working so good - Similar Threads - Update version 2004

2. Update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to version 2004: Hello, when i try update my Rig i got only 20h2 version but i dont want do download it. where is the version 2004 installation laucher? i still nothing found on it....
  3. The update version 2004

The update version 2004: Hello Up until today my system cant update to the version 2004 update. I just want to know why my system cant update and also when will it be able to as it is 7 months later since the update came out. Been updating every update since and still cant update....
  4. Printer not working On version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer not working On version 2004: I have recently changed some of my family's pc to SSD drives. After doing fresh installs of Version 2004 my printer ricoh AP 410 does not print. I have one PC which runs 1909 which works although in the summer I had to remove an update that caused the same issue. I have...
  5. Update version 2004

Update version 2004: Is the Newest update really Version 2004? I want my computer up to date! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-version-2004/485f944a-8627-4e77-bf31-8061778b2bcc
  6. Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working after Feature Update version 2004: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga X1, with Windows 10 64-bit. Yesterday Windows updated itself to the Feature Update version 2004. Problem: After the update, my Elan touchpad stopped working. More precisely, it does not respond to two-finger scroll even if it's enabled in the...
  7. Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Microphone not working.: So before I updated into the latest version of Windows, my microphone was working perfectly. Now, I tried all possible solutions. IE: Deleting the driver and restarting Windows, upping the levels of my mic in the sound settings, troubleshooting my audio. It's really...
  8. Live tiles not working after update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles not working after update to version 2004: After installing Windows 10 update version 2004, most of the live tiles on my start menu have stopped working. I have tried : turning off then on the live function and resetting the apps. The only tile that still works for some reason is Photos which cycles through some of...
  9. Notepad not working on 2004 version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notepad not working on 2004 version?: So notepad got randomly uninstalled, I installed it again through the apps in settings So it is installed on my pc now but I still don't have the option to create a new notepad if I right click my desktop submitted by /u/kAEDwf [link] [comments]...
  10. So Far, So Good

in Windows 10 Support
    So Far, So Good: After installing Windows 10 onto my Dell 1545 it appears to run faster than Win-7 and while it will take some time to get used to MS Edge it appears to run faster as well. Learning curve is fair and not too steep. Happy so far. Hopefully I can install the ISO and new GF...