Windows 10: Update to Windows 10 1903 requires updated Intel Rapid Storage Technologies

Discus and support Update to Windows 10 1903 requires updated Intel Rapid Storage Technologies in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After receiving the notification, I updated my Dell Inspiron 5000 series with an update from Dell. This update installed successfully as indicated:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MauriceRosenstraus, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Update to Windows 10 1903 requires updated Intel Rapid Storage Technologies

After receiving the notification, I updated my Dell Inspiron 5000 series with an update from Dell. This update installed successfully as indicated:

Update to Windows 10 1903 requires updated Intel Rapid Storage Technologies 749525a9-ec90-4fde-8d71-f565867c5261?upload=true.jpg

However, the file that is blocking the Windows update, iasota.sys, is the old version that was present before I updated RST (note that other iasot*.sys files are newer):

Update to Windows 10 1903 requires updated Intel Rapid Storage Technologies [​IMG]

Any idea on what can be done to workaround the problem?

Is the iaStorA.sys file obsolete and no longer needed now that the RST driver has been updated? If yes, should I simply rename the file to iaStorA.old and attempt to update Windows again?

Do newer versions of Intel RST still use the older iaStorA.sys file resulting in the Windows Setup not recognizing that a compatible version of RST has been installed? If yes, then do I have to wait for Microsoft to modify the Setup program so that it assesses RST compatibility by looking at something other than the iaStorA.sys version (e.g., the iaStorAC.sys version, which is the file that serves as the driver for the I/O SATA AHCI Controller?

:)

MauriceRosenstraus, Jul 26, 2019

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when the drivers are not updated properly.

I suggest to download the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from manufacturer’s website and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) for D34010WY, D54250WY

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 26, 2019
  3. this is in regards to the intel update for the intel rapid storage technology

the intel update for the intel rapid storage technology is the culprit for the meltdown and spectre flaw when a user tries to update with this update it causes the computer to not load on start up and the blue screen will appear I know this as that i have
    tried three time to reinstall windows 10 and when i try to install the rapid storage technology update it causes this every time please let intel know about this

nimitz6868, Jul 26, 2019
  4. T-G. Win User

Update to Windows 10 1903 requires updated Intel Rapid Storage Technologies

Windows 10 and Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.0.1001

There are updated dedicated Intel drivers available for Rapid Storage Technology (formerly Matrix Storage Manager).

Your Intel RST software version is 12.9.0.1001 and is not listed as compatible for W10 - the current version is 14.8.0.1042 and is certified as W10 compatible.

You can check for Intel drivers automatically at Drivers & Software it can scan your machine and suggest drivers for download, although Intel RST requires a
    manual installation the first time on a fresh OS.

This universal file (32 & 64 bit) will also install the management console.

SetupRST.zip available here:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Version: 14.8.0.1042 (Latest)Date: 12/14/2015

Thema:

Update to Windows 10 1903 requires updated Intel Rapid Storage Technologies

1. Update to Windows 10 1903 requires updated Intel Rapid Storage Technologies - Similar Threads - Update 1903 requires

2. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  3. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  4. Problems with build 1903 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with build 1903 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology: From what I read, there was supposed to be a block on build 1903 for any machines running Intel RST older than V15.5.2. I have a Dell Latitude laptop that's running version 12.9.0 and went through with the update to build 1903 just fine. However now the RST diver is...
  5. Windows update problem related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Windows update problem related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology: I talked to one of the representatives regarding this update problem. I couldn't find my product key, and then he told me he would transfer my call to a different number, where no one answered till I hung up after waiting for close to 30 minutes. There were only recorded...
  6. Windows 10 Update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Error

Windows 10 Update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Error: I am trying to update my laptop to Windows 10 version 1903, but I keep getting an error about my Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver being incompatible. I have tried to install a newer version, but it does not seem to change anything. When I attempt to download and install...
  7. Windows 10 Update to version 1903 vs Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST)

Windows 10 Update to version 1903 vs Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST): I noticed this particular Windows Update had stalled with the following message... "The inbox storage driver iastora.sys doesn't work on these systems and causes stability problems on Windows. Check with your software/driver provider for an updated version that runs on this...
  8. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.: Because of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, my (D:) drive is missing and become Recovery disk. I can't find my (D:) drive on my PC because of the array volume. How can I get my (D:) drive again?...
  9. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers: For PCH5/6/7/8 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.4.1000 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...id=687&lang=en 22629
  10. Windows 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Windows 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology: First off, Does RST work with Windows 10? I can install it and open it, I just don't see the Accelerate option Asus G750JW, HM87 Chipset 1TB HDD boot drive installed a 60GB SSD that I want to use Intel's RST for SSD caching I've tried about 5 different solutions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update not recognizing my updated intel rst

2. any issues with intel rst update on hp computers before windows 10 1903 update

3. Updating to Windows 10 version 1903 on devices with certain versions of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) fails

4. cant update to 1903 because intel rapid,
  5. intel rapid storage technology issues with windows 10 update 1903,
  6. c600 sas raid driver,
  7. intel raid controller driver,
  8. Inspiron One 2330 windows 10 1903 update,
  9. intel rst 1903,
  10. rapid storage technology version 15.2 download,
  11. not recognizing windows intel rapid storage raid,
  12. windows update 1903 not compatable for dell,
  13. Intel(R) C600 /C220 series chipset sSATA RAID Controller not compatible with windows 10 update,
  14. windows 10 1903 windows update without drivers modify,
  15. dell inspiron 5759 windows 10 1903