Windows 10: Update to Windows 10 1903 taking a very long time

Discus and support Update to Windows 10 1903 taking a very long time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The download took about half an hour, but the install has been running for nearly 8 hours and is now on 91%. Will it finish if I leave the laptop on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by icemaiden1964, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Update to Windows 10 1903 taking a very long time

The download took about half an hour, but the install has been running for nearly 8 hours and is now on 91%. Will it finish if I leave the laptop on overnight or should I just turn it off now? What will happen when I try to turn on if I crash out of the install?

:)

icemaiden1964, Aug 29, 2019
  2. NEILFLINT Win User

Windows 10 update taking long time

Windows 10 taking a long time from 8.30 and still not updated yet 1,45..... why

NEILFLINT, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Windows update taking a very long time

Hi Harvey,

One of the possible reasons why the Windows Update is very slow is because of a corrupted Windows Update system files. These may also depend on the Internet speed and file size of the update being installed. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot Windows Update issues.

Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

Eric Ber, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Update to Windows 10 1903 taking a very long time

Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

Was "a couple weeks ago" just after installation of the AU? If so, I'd suggest a clean reinstall.

pokeefe0001, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Update to Windows 10 1903 taking a very long time

1. Update to Windows 10 1903 taking a very long time - Similar Threads - Update 1903 taking

2. Windows Update takes long time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  3. Windows Update Taking Very Long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Taking Very Long: Hi, just wanted to know if this is normal. I’m trying to update my laptop but it’s taking a very long time on the ‘Working on updates’ screen. It is going up but extremely slowly (currently on 10%). Just wanted to know if this is normal for some updates. I’ve had no problems...
  4. Windows 10 Welcome screen takes a very long time

Windows 10 Welcome screen takes a very long time: My BIOS times are 3.4 to 4.1 seconds, however the "Welcome" screen takes at least 30 seconds before my laptop can boot to desktop. My laptop has been getting slower and slower lately and it hasn't been over 2 years since I have bought it. I have been getting lower fps in...
  5. Help with Windows shutting taking a very long time

Help with Windows shutting taking a very long time: I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 OS build 18363.836. Whenever I shutdown or restart, it takes about 5 minutes to shut down. It seems to have started randomly. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/audma [link] [comments]...
  6. Blue screen taking a very long time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen taking a very long time.: Hello, I was installing an older version of avast when I got blue screened. Before that I had updated my windows version. Problem is, the blue screen won't go away. It's been about 20mins now. Is there anything I could do?...
  7. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  8. External disk fixing takes very long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External disk fixing takes very long time: Hi, I have Windows 10. I had a problem with my external hard drive it said fatal hardware error as it was not recognized by the system, though found as disk F:\. I restarted as sometimes it fixes such bugs. right at the start of booting, windows started fixing my...
  9. windows 10 update taking very long time

windows 10 update taking very long time: how to shut down computer and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-taking-very-long-time/e43c1901-1157-4f38-a45b-24c602654244
  10. Searching for updates takes very long

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Searching for updates takes very long: Hi, Since today manually searching for updates takes unusually long. Is something wrong with the microsoft servers at the moment? Anyone else have that problem? Was planning to set up my laptop today but I will wait a bit if the update servers are wonky right now. 84565

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hiow long time takes for windows 10 version 1903

2. how much time it will took to update the windows 1903 KB4556779 update

3. how much time it will take to upgrade to win 10 1903

4. why windows update 1903 takes so long,
  5. update windows 10 1903 how long time ,
  6. windows 10 update 1903 takes long,
  7. windows 10 1903 takes a long time to install,
  8. windows 1903 update long time,
  9. 1903 update taking long time,
  10. windows 10 takes longer to start after 1903,
  11. windows 10 version 1903 taking long time to install,