Windows 10: Update to Windows 10 Pro from Windows Home through Microsoft Store - there is no product key

Discus and support Update to Windows 10 Pro from Windows Home through Microsoft Store - there is no product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I bought a Windows Pro 10 from my Windows Home PC using my personal account in Microsoft Store. Somewhere I read that I should have updated my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JuanMRojas, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Update to Windows 10 Pro from Windows Home through Microsoft Store - there is no product key

Hello

I bought a Windows Pro 10 from my Windows Home PC using my personal account in Microsoft Store.

Somewhere I read that I should have updated my Windows Home first before update to Windows Pro but I didn't

Windows Pro 10 Installed but I cannot Activate it. I haven't received a Product Key instead Microsoft help website says that my license is digital.

Also it seems my order is not refundable because I cannot find the option to refund.

In summary:

I don't have a product key I checked my mail several times and my order history also checked Windows Store

My order is not refundable

I can't Activate Windows Pro 10 with my personal Account

I even reset my PC, it installed Windows Pro 10 but I couldn't login with my personal account instead I installed it with a local account.

The error message:

We can't reach a critical Windows service. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try activating again. Error code: 0x80070426

It's almost a week at the time of writing and I can't activate my Windows 10 Pro.

I also thought of come back to Windows Home but I can't find an easy way to do it.

Thanks for any suggestion.

:)

JuanMRojas, Mar 13, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 13, 2020
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Update to Windows 10 Pro from Windows Home through Microsoft Store - there is no product key [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Update to Windows 10 Pro from Windows Home through Microsoft Store - there is no product key

windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Update to Windows 10 Pro from Windows Home through Microsoft Store - there is no product key

1. Update to Windows 10 Pro from Windows Home through Microsoft Store - there is no product key - Similar Threads - Update Pro Home

2. Is product key the OEM WIndows 11 Home or upgraded Microsoft Store Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is product key the OEM WIndows 11 Home or upgraded Microsoft Store Windows 11 Pro?: I purchased a Dell Inspiron desktop in Nov 2023. It had Windows 11 Home installed. I purchased Windows 11 Professional on the Microsoft Store. When I go to settings to see the product key - Is the product key the original Windows 11 Home - or is it the Windows 11...
  3. Is product key the OEM WIndows 11 Home or upgraded Microsoft Store Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is product key the OEM WIndows 11 Home or upgraded Microsoft Store Windows 11 Pro?: I purchased a Dell Inspiron desktop in Nov 2023. It had Windows 11 Home installed. I purchased Windows 11 Professional on the Microsoft Store. When I go to settings to see the product key - Is the product key the original Windows 11 Home - or is it the Windows 11...
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  5. Microsoft Product Key for Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Product Key for Windows 10 Pro: Hello, How much does it cost for a upgrade product key from Windows 10 Home edition to Windows 10 Pro, Does it cost the same as of purchasing new Microsoft Windows 10 Pro like $200 as published on Microsoft's product download page or its less. Regards...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error: With my previous laptop with Windows 10 Home, I purchased a product key from MS to upgrade from Home to Pro in 2020. I have since had a new laptop with Home and wish to upgrade to Pro. I recovered my old Laptop back to its orignal Home version of windows 10 I then used...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Product Key from COA

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Product Key from COA: Hello, I was able to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using a unused Windows 7 Pro product key from a COA sticker off a refurbished computer. Would this have any legal impact? Is it breaking licensing? Does it have to be a retail license?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  9. upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.

upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.: Windows10 home was loaded on my laptop when I purchased it. I now want to upgrade to 10 pro, but am being told I need original product key for 10 home. Please help! How can I get the upgrade, or prove I have the 10 home legitimately? Thanks....
  10. Windows home to Windows Pro product key

Windows home to Windows Pro product key: I want to remote access my office pc with my surface pro. the office pc has Windows home on it and will not let me use remote access the surface pro has Windows Pro, can I use the product key from the surface pro on the windows home to upgrade it? also I have no idea what...