Windows 10: Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.

Discus and support Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update. AVG suggest to install back its program to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joe.Shammah, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.

Joe.Shammah, Aug 12, 2019

2. AVG Update Cripples Windows

Yesterday an update to the popular antivirus suite AVG left many users computers unable to boot. After rebooting, as requested by the AVG updater, Windows crashes while trying to load certain AVG drivers. The error message reads "STOP: c0000135 The program cannot start because %hs is missing from your computer". Since the culprit drivers load even during safe mode there is no way to boot Windows. AVG recommends using the AVG rescue disc located here. After booting from the disc users should use midnight commander to rename their AVG folder, usually located at C:\program files (x86)\AVG, to any other name and then booting windows normally. However, any bootable flash drive or CD with an OS that can access NTFS file systems can be used to accomplish this task. I used a bootable Ubuntu flash drive.

Polaris573, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
  4. Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update.

1. Update to Windows 10 version 1903. AVG antiVirus, previously installed, prevents the update. - Similar Threads - Update version 1903

2. AVG Previous Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Previous Updates: Is it possible to delete previous AVG updates? If so, how to delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avg-previous-updates/cd618373-0951-4f8e-bd3b-2a4cb28a1cec
  3. windows update 1903 avg probleem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update 1903 avg probleem: hallo, Ik heb geprobeerd om de update 1903 te installeren maar ik krijg een foutmelding (Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with windows 10) ik heb de laatste update's gedaan en ik heb zelf een abonnement lopen bij avg dus ik weet nie hoe ik verder moet ,...
  4. updating windows 10 because of avg antivirus

updating windows 10 because of avg antivirus: i am having problems updating my windows 10 because AVG Antivirus isn't cmpatible with windows 10 - how do i locate the antivirus because as far as I know, i don't have avg on my computer and its not showing upo on my apps or my programs...
  5. AVG antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG antivirus: How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-antivirus/56a2cde5-8281-44d6-8b52-59b691cb882d"
  6. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version: Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being...
  7. Windows 10 update 1903- All tries rejected because of AVG antivirus

Windows 10 update 1903- All tries rejected because of AVG antivirus: Hello My PC (HP laptop) runs Win 10 1803 and I am notified to update to 1903. After the update attempt I got a Failure message AVG antivirus needs update or uninstalling. I tried to update to the last version; Rebooted, Update attempt failed. Then I removed / uninstalled...
  8. Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or...

Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or...: I haven't used the AVG app for a long time. So I had no objection to uninstalling it. I tried using the updater's "uninstall" button. Nothing happened. Repeatedly. So I tried uninstalling it from "Settings". Again. Nothing happened...repeatedly. So I went online and...
  9. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903 will not install

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903 will not install: I 've been trying to install this update for weeks, wasting hours of my time. I've tried just about everything suggested. It will get to the point of restarting and installing updates reaching about 28% and then restarts saying "undoing changes made to your computer". I was...
  10. Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update: Hi there, when trying to install an application, I get a pop up saying: 'Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.' On a separate occasion, AVG performs an auto update and basically says the same thing:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i am upgrading win 10 version it says i have avg antivirius

2. avg blocking windows update

3. cannot update windows 10 avg antivirus

4. why is bytefence and avg antivirus installed on windows 10,
  5. windows 10 update 1903 avg,
  6. having trouble installing avg 2020 after updating to windows 10 version 1903,
  7. would avg prevent updating windows 10,
  8. avg prevents windows 10 update,
  9. avg antivirus stopping windows 10 upgrade,
  10. 1903 avg antivirus install,
  11. unable to uninstall antivirus blocking windows update,
  12. avg free 1903,
  13. avg stopping windows 1903,
  14. avg prevents windows 10 update to 1903,
  15. avg and windows 10 update 1903 will not let me update