Windows 10: Update to windows 10 with limited space

Discus and support Update to windows 10 with limited space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot choose the option to update using a memory card. It is deactivated. Can you help, please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mónica _782, May 19, 2020.

1. Update to windows 10 with limited space

I cannot choose the option to update using a memory card. It is deactivated. Can you help, please?

:)

Mónica _782, May 19, 2020
  2. Perseides Win User

Updating to WIndows 10 in limited SSD space.

Hello, need some advice on how to update a windows 7 to 10 on a Intel NUC with only 32gb of mSATA of SSD. The effective memory space of the SSD is about 28gb. I do have an USB external HDD which I use as a bootup disc/installer, but the limited SSD space in the NUC is a challenge.

Is there any suggestion on what is the best way to proceed? How much space do I have to free up in the old Windows 7 so the installation will proceed properly??

Perseides, May 19, 2020
  3. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 19, 2020
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Update to windows 10 with limited space

windows most recent update: Not enought space to complete the update!

Hi John,

The Windows 10 update requires certain amount of storage space for it to download and run smoothly on your device.

If your device doesn't have the enough storage space to accommodate the update, you can follow the troubleshooting steps in
    Free up space to install the latest Windows 10 update article. This article will provide you
    a step-by-step guide on freeing up space in your PC.

You can also check Andre Da Costa's forum article for reference:

Let us know how it goes.

Marie Ave, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Update to windows 10 with limited space

1. Update to windows 10 with limited space - Similar Threads - Update limited space

2. Space too limited to update Win 10, Ext HDD option not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Space too limited to update Win 10, Ext HDD option not working: I have a mini-PC with a hard limit of 32 GB storage. I've managed to get as far as Win10 1909, but before I am able to download and install all the 1909 fixes, the 20H2 version update jumps the queue and runs me out of space. I have tried to employ the external drive utility...
  3. Space too limited to update Win 10, Ext HDD option not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Space too limited to update Win 10, Ext HDD option not working: I have a mini-PC with a hard limit of 32 GB storage. I've managed to get as far as Win10 1909, but before I am able to download and install all the 1909 fixes, the 20H2 version update jumps the queue and runs me out of space. I have tried to employ the external drive utility...
  4. Space too limited to update Win 10, Ext HDD option not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Limited SSD space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited SSD space.: Is there a safe method of moving windows components from an SSD to an external hard drive in order to save space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-ssd-space/8e92ee83-9354-438b-a4c0-2c237fd2d771
  6. Windows 10 updates with limited Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates with limited Internet: I have a limited amount of internet I can use. But the sizes of updates of Windows 10 are very huge and I cannot download them in one go. Can someone tell me how to download the updates with limited internet. I cannot pause the updates in middle so that I can resume them...
  7. LIMITED HARD DISC SPACE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LIMITED HARD DISC SPACE: With limited hard drive space I want move Windows 10 OS files. I did not know I had limited space and I have no space for pictures, etc. I have an external disc drive and USB thump drives and I would like to use the external disc drive to keep all files other than updates...
  8. Limited disk space on C:\ drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Limited disk space on C:\ drive: I bought this Dell desktop from one of the local Microcenter stores, which was a returned item. It came with the C:\ drive supposedly being a flash drive with measly 95 gb of diskspace. I didn't realise it then, but it is making my computer starving for diskspace on C:\...
  9. Updating to WIndows 10 in limited SSD space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to WIndows 10 in limited SSD space.: Hello, need some advice on how to update a windows 7 to 10 on a Intel NUC with only 32gb of mSATA of SSD. The effective memory space of the SSD is about 28gb. I do have an USB external HDD which I use as a bootup disc/installer, but the limited SSD space in the NUC is a...
  10. OneDrive space limit change

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive space limit change: I just received an e-mail from email.office.com stating that the current 15 GB data size limit of OneDrive space available to those that migrated to Win10 is going to be cut down to 5 GB in few weeks. Because OneDrive was basically the major reason I decided to migrate and...