Windows 10: Update to Windows 20H2 will not install Error 0x800f0801 and audio and speakers not working.

Discus and support Update to Windows 20H2 will not install Error 0x800f0801 and audio and speakers not working. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi!Today I saw there were several updates required on my device and left them all download. All bar one downloaded; update to Windows 20H2. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kate O'Callaghan, May 11, 2021.

1. Update to Windows 20H2 will not install Error 0x800f0801 and audio and speakers not working.

Hi!Today I saw there were several updates required on my device and left them all download. All bar one downloaded; update to Windows 20H2. I have trouble shot windows updates, uninstalled my anti-virus protection and ran an SFC scan and none of these have resolved the issue. I have also checked and have enough storage available for the update. Furthermore, since the other downloads finished my audio and microphone are not working. The speaker button has a red x displayed over it and says that 'No speaker or headphones are plugged in'. Trouble-shooting has also failed to solve this issue.

:)

Kate O'Callaghan, May 11, 2021

2. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Realtek 'Speaker Fill' not working

Found a solution.

#1: Close Nehimic (setup does not auto-close it) and uninstall if it is installed.

#2: Uninstall Realtek drivers. Restart computer when prompted. When your computer comes back up, Realtek will be running off of Microsoft's generic HD Audio driver.

#3: Follow the directions here to prohibit Windows Update from reinstalling the Realtek driver.

#4: Open "Sounds" then "Playback Devices," select the device from the list and click on "Configure." Follow the prompts.

#5: Right click on the device and select "Properties," then "Enhancements," then check "Speaker Fill" and apply. If you do not see "Speaker Fill," repeat step #4 and make sure to pick a choice that has more than two speakers. "Apply" the changes.

#6: Start playing audio. You will have to restart the program if it was running in order for the change to take effect. Your stereo music should now be playing as Stereo Surround! *Big Grin Update to Windows 20H2 will not install Error 0x800f0801 and audio and speakers not working. :D

FordGT90Concept, May 11, 2021
  3. byu1 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Maybe it is fixed. I just updated to 15063.332. when I click on test a sound, no error .

4. Update to Windows 20H2 will not install Error 0x800f0801 and audio and speakers not working.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Update to Windows 20H2 will not install Error 0x800f0801 and audio and speakers not working.

1. Update to Windows 20H2 will not install Error 0x800f0801 and audio and speakers not working. - Similar Threads - Update 20H2 install

2. Speaker audio no longer working after installing cumulative updates for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker audio no longer working after installing cumulative updates for Windows 11: I've followed all of the steps provided by Dell <https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000197391/troubleshooting-audio-problems-in-windows-11> including running the troubleshooter, updating drivers, disabling enhancements, etc. Still can't get sound. ANy other ideas on how...
  3. Speaker audio no longer working after installing cumulative updates for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker audio no longer working after installing cumulative updates for Windows 11: I've followed all of the steps provided by Dell <https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000197391/troubleshooting-audio-problems-in-windows-11> including running the troubleshooter, updating drivers, disabling enhancements, etc. Still can't get sound. ANy other ideas on how...
  4. Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801: I am getting this error when windows try to install the update. the troubleshooter says it fixed the error but it does nothing and shows the same error every time i run it.IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseWaaSMedicServiceIssue found...
  5. Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 2h22 update error 0x800f0801: I am getting this error when windows try to install the update. the troubleshooter says it fixed the error but it does nothing and shows the same error every time i run it.IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseWaaSMedicServiceIssue found...
  6. How to fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x800f0801

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x800f0801: [ATTACH]You may see Error 0x800f0801 when you check for updates on your Windows 10 computer. This error is CBS_E_NOT_APPLICABLE which means either of two things, the update can not be installed on this computer or the system can’t process the update. In this article, we are...
  7. Update error 0x800f0801

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error 0x800f0801: When I want to update windows, the installation stops at about 85% with an error message see above. The download was ok.I think the problem is old, because before I start the update this message appears "Important security and quality fixes are missing on your device"Then I...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - Error 0x800f0801

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - Error 0x800f0801: Hi everyone,I'm getting an error message when trying to install the new windows version 20H2. I've tried multiple times but without any luck. Could anyone please help with this issue?Please see screenshots for further info....
  9. Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20H2 Update: No audio devices installed: After installing the Windows 10 20H2 update, all my audio devices are gone in the audio control panel. In the device manager my Realtek, nVidia and Creative devices show up. When plugging in a pair of headphones, the Realtek control panel even pops up and shows a new device....
  10. dism failed. Error: 0x800f0801

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism failed. Error: 0x800f0801: Hi My computer crashed with "critical process died" bluescreen. Since them I cannot boot into windows 10 pro 1903. I started from a latest Windows 10 USB device: sfc /scannow did not helped. Then I tried: dism /image:c:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth...