Windows 10: update to2004 from 1909

Discus and support update to2004 from 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; have been trying for 3 weeks to update to 2004 .everytime i keep getting error 900101.have reset computer but still no joy.checked windows update again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bigusbrian, Jul 19, 2020.

1. update to2004 from 1909

have been trying for 3 weeks to update to 2004 .everytime i keep getting error 900101.have reset computer but still no joy.checked windows update again and a blue windows logo appeared together with message ...were getting your device ready please wait .. so i waited 1 week and checked update and it now said your all set to update ..but no..as i still get error 1900101..it prepares.downloads.installs.....but when it tries to restart it tries for about 10 revolutions of small spinning dots then restarts eventually whith large spinning dots .and im back to square 1..have tried every so called solution ie checking drivers are upto date removing programs. etc.etc.etc ...computer is a lenovo ideascentre 310s ..only 1 year old ..can you help pleas thankyou

:)

bigusbrian, Jul 19, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Gib G Win User

update to2004 from 1909

Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

update to2004 from 1909

1. update to2004 from 1909 - Similar Threads - update to2004 1909

2. Cannot update from 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update from 1909: Alright, this started out as a simple 'Can't install Minecraft' that has turned into this so here we go.I cannot for the life of me update my computer. I tried going through the Update section of settings, I tried the troubleshooter. But no matter what I do, nothing works. I...
  3. Windows Update from 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update from 1909: Hello so recently I have been trying to upgrade my windows to the 21h1 version and it's not working, right now I am on 1909 build and I was wondering if I can get any help I have tried the windows update assistant and it says I am compatible but it restarts my computer but...
  4. Windows Update from 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update from 1909: Hello so recently I have been trying to upgrade my windows to the 21h1 version and it's not working, right now I am on 1909 build and I was wondering if I can get any help I have tried the windows update assistant and it says I am compatible but it restarts my computer but...
  5. Can't update from 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update from 1909: The 2004 didn't want to come to me through the regular Windows Update, stuck on "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page." I decided to manually update to 20H2 with the update assistant, it...
  6. Update to 2004 from 1909

in Browsers and Email
    Update to 2004 from 1909: Windows Updates offered to update to Windows 2004 which I did, it too over 1 hour to get to the lock screen and sign in screen. The only issues I have found were that I had to personalise my background picture on the desktop and I still have the issue with Edge Chromium where...
  7. Update to 2004 from 1909

Update to 2004 from 1909: Windows Updates offered to update to Windows 2004 which I did, it too over 1 hour to get to the lock screen and sign in screen. The only issues I have found were that I had to personalise my background picture on the desktop and I still have the issue with Edge Chromium where...
  8. update 1909 from 1903

update 1909 from 1903: Dear all Do you meet update 1909 from 1903 is unsuccessful? Company have 20s Win10 Pro 1903 client. Last week I upgraded to 1909 used "Windows10.0-KB4517245-x64.cab" kb Windows10.0-KB4517245-x64.cab kb installed is successful. But only a client version is still 1903 from...
  9. Updating from 1803 to 1909

Updating from 1803 to 1909: Error message after a few hours of downloading and updating. 'Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer then restart the installation' after it downloads 100%, reaches a stage where it says something like you computer...
  10. updating from 1803 to 1909

updating from 1803 to 1909: I am trying to update from windows 1803 to 1909, I get this error message after a few hours of downloading and updating. 'Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer then restart the installation' after it downloads...