Windows 10: Update took 37 hours before I stopped it. What’s wrong.

Discus and support Update took 37 hours before I stopped it. What’s wrong. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After waiting 37 hours while seeing the “this could take several minutes” message. I managed to step in and stop it. Not easily. Whts wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosefBloch, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Update took 37 hours before I stopped it. What’s wrong.

After waiting 37 hours while seeing the “this could take several minutes” message. I managed to step in and stop it. Not easily. Whts wrong?

:)

JosefBloch, Sep 16, 2018

2. CODE 37

Hello Enoch,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you facing this issue while you are connecting the wireless USB?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or a Microsoft account?

The Code 37 error is one of several Device Manager Error codes.

A Code 37 error basically means that the driver installed for the
    hardware device has failed in some way.

You may refer to the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to update all your drivers in device manager and check if it helps.

Method 2:

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the admin account or the Microsoft account to check if that helps.

I also suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Method 3:

I suggest you to plug in the USB device and run the hardware troubleshooter to check if that helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound

• Select "Hardware and Devices"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Update took 37 hours before I stopped it. What’s wrong.

Windows 10 upgrade stops at 37%

I have what is beginning to look like a common problem with Windows 10 upgrading over 8.1.

That is the install quits at 37% and I get the (not very instructive) pop up "something happened".

I have spent many hours researching and have tried many of the suggestions on various forums such as unplugging everything except keyboard and mouse, and even disconnected a secondary internal hard drive, but sadly nothing suggested so far is working. (Unfortunately
    many of the solutions suggested seem complex to me and really... no Windows upgrades I have made before have required the complex changes some sites are suggesting.)

I have a working iso DVD that I used to upgrade my older computer and it worked well with only a video driver issue that resolved with a reboot so I know my disc is ok.

I am going back to waiting for my "notice to upgrade" unless someone has found a way to resolve this.

BrianSmithVS, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Update took 37 hours before I stopped it. What’s wrong.

1. Update took 37 hours before I stopped it. What’s wrong. - Similar Threads - Update took hours

2. What took this amount of storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What took this amount of storage: So today i tried download GTA 5 but i didn't have storage. I didn't think it's a big deal and tried to delete some files. BUT they weren't any files above 10GB yet, i still had no storage i only have: Google Chrome, Geforce Experience and even use the internet version of...
  3. What took this amount of storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What took this amount of storage: So today i tried download GTA 5 but i didn't have storage. I didn't think it's a big deal and tried to delete some files. BUT they weren't any files above 10GB yet, i still had no storage i only have: Google Chrome, Geforce Experience and even use the internet version of...
  4. What took this amount of storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  6. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  7. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. What is wrong with my update?

What is wrong with my update?: Today I had to completely reinstall windows 10 because idk what I did but I messed something up and needed to reinstall completely. Now it is updating and it says that my pc should restart mamy times so I'm not worried but it is taking a LONG time for this. Its been...
  9. [help] this thing took an hour what should i do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] this thing took an hour what should i do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/luaykashef [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfc2g2/help_this_thing_took_an_hour_what_should_i_do/
  10. Windows update 1803 took 3 hours , is it normal ? :)

Windows update 1803 took 3 hours , is it normal ? :): Hey guys , i recently cleaned the download folder ( which is located in the software distribution folder ) , because i was always getting an error when i was trying to do this update 1803 , now i cleaned this folder and the update took 3-4 hours to finish downloading . Is...