Windows 10: Update user name in Windows System Folder

Discus and support Update user name in Windows System Folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On my new PC, I had to put in my Microsoft account details, which I changed later to a Local Windows Account. The Local account still uses my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Juned Ebrahim, May 20, 2020.

1. Update user name in Windows System Folder

On my new PC, I had to put in my Microsoft account details, which I changed later to a Local Windows Account.

The Local account still uses my Microsoft account profile photo.

Under C:\User folder, still shows the old Microsoft IDs 5 character and not the Local Account user name which I created new.

I wan to change the name under this C:\Users folder to the actual name of my Local User name.

Best regards,

Juned

:)

Juned Ebrahim, May 20, 2020

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 20, 2020
  3. KidmanPE Win User
    User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, May 20, 2020
  4. Update user name in Windows System Folder

Shawn Brink, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Update user name in Windows System Folder

1. Update user name in Windows System Folder - Similar Threads - Update user name

2. User folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folder name: I set up my new pc and it's showing as C:\Users\User. I've noticed from reading and watching online people they have their name or a user account name ie C:Users\Tim. I'm the only person using my pc, should I set myself up as a new User, or should I just change the folder...
  3. User folder name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User folder name: I set up my new pc and it's showing as C:\Users\User. I've noticed from reading and watching online people they have their name or a user account name ie C:Users\Tim. I'm the only person using my pc, should I set myself up as a new User, or should I just change the folder...
  4. User's folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User's folder name: Hi,I am using Windows 11. My username is different from that of the folder in C, Users. When I installed Windows, I filled out a kind of interactive form and connected to Windows with my Microsoft account. Fortunately, I managed to turn it into a local account from the...
  5. User's folder name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User's folder name: Hi,I am using Windows 11. My username is different from that of the folder in C, Users. When I installed Windows, I filled out a kind of interactive form and connected to Windows with my Microsoft account. Fortunately, I managed to turn it into a local account from the...
  6. Folder name in user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Folder name in user: How to change the folder name in user in dock C Folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-name-in-user/ff87001d-58f4-4398-8af8-d9ed39632bd0
  7. User Folder Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder Name: So earlier I accidentally merged my music folder with my user folder, so in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I saw C:\Users\Music. I did fix this problem but my user folder name is still music instead of my name. I also can't rename the folder back to my...
  8. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  9. User folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder name.: The folder name under 'C' users has missing characters. It isn't spelt that way anywhere else, be it in the MS account or the local one. Can I edit the name without wrecking my PC apart?! Also, it happens to be the only account on the PC. I don't understand the complexity MS...
  10. User folder name...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder name...: I've re-installed Win10 Home via the media creation tool. Everything is where it should be and my account is working just fine. But... For some reason my personal folder under C:/Users is named after the first five letters of my Email instead of my real first name, which is...