Windows 10: Update version failure

Discus and support Update version failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Way behind with my Win10 version , on 1703? or something, tried upgrading 4 or5 times as prompted & seems aok until last bit when it says "this pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by frankrutter, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Update version failure

Way behind with my Win10 version , on 1703? or something, tried upgrading 4 or5 times as prompted & seems aok until last bit when it says "this pc cannot run win10"it is & "you cannot install windows on a usb flashdrive using setup. Error code Oxc1900201". I am not using a usb flashdrive as far as i know, just a straightforward laptop. Think i`ve prob tried troubleshooter a while ago too. Any ideas? Is it a common fault/likely to be a straighforward fix? My notes say corrupted update components, use troubleshooter & rename software distribution folder so I`ve presumably tried those & failed.

:)

frankrutter, Jul 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update version failure :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Anniversary Update Failure (Solved)

1. Downloaded the Windows Home update.

2. I noticed that it was at 92% of preparing the update, but later found it back at perhaps 5%.

3. Second preparation step finished, gave command to restart the computer and finish the process.

4. First step was to configure the update, which went to 100% in a single step, unlike earlier updates which always restarted the process at around 30%.

5. Computer restarted, and the installation process started working on updating (sorry, I don't recall what the actual text on the screen was.) This was quite slow, with two restarts (as the text indicated would happen.) Around 55% complete, the process speeded up, arriving at around 75% in just a few jumps, rather than percent by percent.

6. Third restart began, which sadly gave an error message that a problem had been encountered.

7 Twice, the process gathered error information and tried to fix whatever had gone wrong.

8. After the second attempt, process went into a restore of previous version of Windows; at least that worked.

This is the first update failure on this machine, dating back to purchasing it last March or thereabouts. Any ideas, suggestions, incantations that I might follow? I don't want to try downloading and going through the same lengthy process again until I have--with luck, of course--anything that might ensure success.

As an aside, I tried twice to download the Anniversary update for my wife's computer; the search for updates stated that the machine was up-to-date, which did not list the Anniversary update.

==
    Having received no replies, I decided to risk trying to install again. This time, the process was much faster than the first attempt; for example, the first stage did not restart, it went directly to 100% and passed matters on to step two. Unfortunately once again the install failed around 72%, but at least it then restored Windows to its previous state.

I was somewhat surprised to find, this morning, that Windows Update does not show that I have a pending update for the Anniversary release. I was further surprised that, when I checked for updates, none were offered. Given that the Anniversary update has not been installed, I wonder why it was not found during the check for updates.

Not Myself, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Gib G Win User

Update version failure

Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Update version failure

1. Update version failure - Similar Threads - Update version failure

2. Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1809. The updates have failed repeatedly. What is the downside to continuing to operate with version1809? It works great and I don't care about getting "new features."...
  3. windows 10 , version 1909 failure to update..

windows 10 , version 1909 failure to update..: "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 - Failed to install on ‎6/‎16/‎2020 - 0x80073701" I have tried many times with no success... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1909-failure-to-update/0fac3b17-d6cc-4ee5-946a-8bff8efc230a
  4. Version 1909 update failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Version 1909 update failure: Hey. I tried downloading "Minecraft Dungeons" today and it told me that my version of Windows 10 is too old. I tried updating it but it failed several times and it takes very long. After trying to update it through the update center it at least gave me an error code:...
  5. Windows 10 Version 1507 update failure

Windows 10 Version 1507 update failure: I have a x86 based machine that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Every time I run Windows Update, the software attempts to install Version 1507, and fails. I don't know why the update app continues and fails to try this update. I am not sure how to find my current...
  6. Windows 10 version 1903 update failure

Windows 10 version 1903 update failure: Update to Windows 10 version 1903 fails getting error code 0xc1900101 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903-update-failure/444dd987-9180-4b0e-b5ad-46b56f649abc
  7. failure to update version 1903 (4)

failure to update version 1903 (4): Have tried many times to upgrade and install Version 1903. Widows starts installation then stops with a message undoing changes made to your computer. the reason I am installing the version 1903 as the version, I am using is about to cease support . Can anyone shed any...
  8. Repeated failures to update to version 1903

Repeated failures to update to version 1903: As documented in previous postings here, I've tried all of the suggested ways of installing the version 1903 update but continue to get "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." Here are the Dropbox links for the Panther error logs as requested:...
  9. Windows 10, version 1903 update failure

Windows 10, version 1903 update failure: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 x64 2019-04 (4) Last failed install attempt on ‎05-‎May-‎19 - 0x8024200d Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 amd64 2019-04 (4) Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 amd64 2019-04 (4)...
  10. W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version

W10 1024 - failure to update to latest version: Hi, I have tried everything I can think of. After spending ALL day trying again to use every means possible I still cannot update from 1024 version. Here is a copy of todays DISM attempt. Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.PS...