Windows 10: Update wants to update office10 which is not present

Discus and support Update wants to update office10 which is not present in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 2010 Build 18363.752 BACKGROUND: Used to be a MS partner, Office 2010 was installed under that subscription program several years ago. Had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sabretel, Apr 3, 2020.

1. sabretel Win User

Update wants to update office10 which is not present

Windows 2010 Build 18363.752

BACKGROUND:
    Used to be a MS partner, Office 2010 was installed under that subscription program several years ago. Had been installed in a virtual PC environment (Parallels) on a Mac, but had expired. Used Laplink to transport entire Windows system to the new Lenovo PC with the its factory installed Windows 2010 OS. All Windows and other PC programs and apps worked well, except Office 2010 of course, which had expired. Uninstalled Office 2010 since I transitioned to Office 365 for all Office apps which work fine there.

ISSUE:
    Update is still sensing the presence of Office 2010, downloading the updates, and trying to update it, but then when the update attempts to apply updates all of the Office 2010 updates err out since it is not present. All other updates seem to work fine. Would like to get Update to permanently stop repeatedly downloading and attempting to install Office 2010 updates. Need help understanding what is triggering update to think Office 2010 is still on the machine.

ACTIONS TO DATE:
    1. Tried to uninstall Office 2010 but it does not appear in Programs and Features
    2. Tried using Revo uninstaller to remove Office 2010 but since it is not present in the Control Panel it does not see it as installed in the first place
    3. Located files referencing Office 2010 using Agent Ransack and deleted except for those in c:\Windows\WinSxS path, which seem to be .dll’s and a couple of .xml files that I believe are only there for backward Windows file compatibility
    4. Ran a recovery of Windows system files which executed normally
    5. Ran SFC /scannow and DISM to verify system integrity, both ran with no issues

- Any suggestions for next steps?
    - Pretty sure the .dll files should not be removed from WinSxS, what about the XML files?
    - Can anyone think of anywhere else I can look to find what is causing update to think it needs to update Office 2010?

:)

sabretel, Apr 3, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Apr 3, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Update wants to update office10 which is not present

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Update wants to update office10 which is not present

1. Update wants to update office10 which is not present - Similar Threads - Update wants update

2. Update wants to install same update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update wants to install same update: Desktop Custom Windows 10 Prof Version 2004 (OS Build 19041,610) 4 SSDs and one 4tb partitioned hard drive WD Red 64 gb memory Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 based Systems (KB5003173) installed successfully end of May and now Windows update tried to...
  3. which update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    which update?: i have 2 versions of win 10 cant really decide which one to install, I have the updated one and a july 2019 version which one is better? i heard it had some bugs and my win7 in dying rn submitted by /u/supremebrownies [link] [comments]...
  4. Office 2016 updates not present on Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2016 updates not present on Windows 10 Update: I have recently installed the Volume Licensing version of Office 2016 Standard and Activated it. No Windows Updates have appeared after several days; just Defender antivirus updates. Previously, installs immediately triggered Office 2016 updates via Windows Updates. 2016 is...
  5. I want to know the date of the Auto update release, which includes KB4560960 fix update in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to know the date of the Auto update release, which includes KB4560960 fix update in...: Hello. Windows Support has not been printed since the Windows 10 automatic update in June. So 1. I found a problem with KB4560960. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4560960/windows-10-update-kb4560960 After installing this update, certain printers might fail to...
  6. "Windows Feature Update" Notification is Always Present

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Windows Feature Update" Notification is Always Present: I received the notification, "Windows Feature Update; It's ready to install . . ." I am offered the chance to reboot now, or put it off until later. I chose now. When the PC booted back up, the notification returned. No matter how many times I have rebooted, the...
  7. Microsoft Updates - Uninstall Button Not Present?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Updates - Uninstall Button Not Present?: Hello, I was reviewing the Microsoft Updates and as I scroll over the names of the different Update, I can see the "Uninstall" button will appear, then disappear depending on which name I stop on. Why am I unable to remove some Updates and not others?...
  8. How to install the os which was present ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install the os which was present ?: I installed new ISO os. But now I want install same OS how to install the Sane OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-the-os-which-was-present/05d29c00-1c41-475d-88df-ac922e9d885d
  9. another aniversary update failue but with a different "presentation"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    another aniversary update failue but with a different "presentation": At least I think it's different...my eyes are bleeding from looking for answers and I may well have missed it. In my case, the update runs, system restarts, installs update, shuts down with message installing updates, restarts with installing updates message, looks like it...
  10. Windows Office10 Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows Office10 Outlook: For some unknown reason, access to my pitch, font and text colour has disappeared off my email page, please see the attached screen shot. Can anyone tell me how to get them back please? 80852