Windows 10: update: "We couldn't connect to the update service"

Discus and support update: "We couldn't connect to the update service" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been unsuccessfully running Windows Update, and continue to get the error message, "We couldn't connect to the update service." I am online with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by markdnelson1, Sep 7, 2020.

1. update: "We couldn't connect to the update service"

I've been unsuccessfully running Windows Update, and continue to get the error message, "We couldn't connect to the update service." I am online with a fast internet connection.

:)

markdnelson1, Sep 7, 2020

2. Lumia 650, we couldn´t connect to the update service

Hi,

Have a lumia 650 with Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.494 is this the latest version?

When i check for updates i get this: we couldn´t connect to the update service, we`ll try again later..

I have internet connection via WiFi and a microsoft account set up.

Christian.T, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 7, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

update: "We couldn't connect to the update service"

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile update: "We couldn't connect to the update service" :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

update: "We couldn't connect to the update service"

1. update: "We couldn't connect to the update service" - Similar Threads - update couldn't connect

2. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service: Hi, I get this message and I have tried all that I know to do. Can someone help. me?We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet....
  3. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service: Hi, I get this message and I have tried all that I know to do. Can someone help. me?We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet....
  4. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.

Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.: Hello, I can't update my computer, and it pops up with this message when I try to update it. It shows this message We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.I'm...
  6. Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.: Hello, I can't update my computer, and it pops up with this message when I try to update it. It shows this message We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.I'm...
  7. "We couldn't connect to the update service..."

"We couldn't connect to the update service...": I realize that this has been posted many many times before. Posting it again because I have read every single one of those posts and tried every suggestion. at least 2 dozen of them anyway My HP Z book Windows 10 professional hasn't updated since January 19th. If I...
  8. Windows Update responds with "We couldn't connect to the update service..."

Windows Update responds with "We couldn't connect to the update service...": Hi, I was having some issues with my computer and was recommended here to get the latest MediaCreation tool and choose to upgrade now while keeping apps and files in place. I tried it but after the upgrade I wasn't able to connect to Windows Update. So I again used the...
  9. Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service"

Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service": Hi, I need help with the above error. System spec is OptiPlex 760 (32 bit X64) running windows 10 Pro version 1809. OS build 17763.292. I was happily running the above build up till the end of January with no issues. Updates were being loaded automatically and apps were...
  10. Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service."

Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service.": Windows update is showing the following error message: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." My internet connection is active (since I am posting this...