Windows 10: Update While Downloading an Update

Discus and support Update While Downloading an Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Heads Up Just to be clear, I'm not a 100% familiar with computers nor smartphones. I know myself for being a clumsy guy when it comes to handling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jan_Michael24, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Update While Downloading an Update

Heads Up

Just to be clear, I'm not a 100% familiar with computers nor smartphones. I know myself for being a clumsy guy when it comes to handling devices. I have possibly bricked about 3 PC's. In short words, I'm a rookie in terms of handling computers.... despite my course is IT.

Is it okay to update my PC while downloading an update? What should I do?

Last year, my PC's hard disk got corrupted. Now it has a new one which I have to be careful with because it's new and cost quite a lot in my standards. There are two possible culprits that corrupted my PC: 1st is that I installed a program that essentially bricked my PC; 2nd is I updated and shut down my PC then I turned it on again a few seconds after while it was busy downloading or installing an update. Right now I put my PC to sleep instead of updating and restarting because I'm too worried that it may brick my PC again.

The new hard disk installed has Windows 10 1511 version. I'm not sure if it's the latest version of Windows 10 or not. Yet I still have to update it.

Here is an image of the update details from Update and Security:

Update While Downloading an Update ac038e80-65e2-460e-9772-9d31944a7be0?upload=true.png

Right here are the update/s being downloaded it is not frozen, it is still going/downloading:

Update While Downloading an Update 00c1499f-41de-4c8b-b375-150738bf6a2e?upload=true.png

I'm not sure what to do. Do I update now? or should I wait for the update finish downloading? I can't risk this because I'm just a student and I would like to have a PC when the next semester comes. Keeping my PC into sleep mode and not updating is a bad habit in my opinion. So the only options I can choose isto update or to not update.

What should I do?

:)

Jan_Michael24, Apr 3, 2020
  2. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Apr 3, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Update While Downloading an Update

Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Update While Downloading an Update

1. Update While Downloading an Update - Similar Threads - Update While Downloading

2. Windows 10 Slow when and while updating/downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Slow when and while updating/downloading: My pc is getting very slow when i update windows or install a gameAlso the downloads are very slow it donwloads normal for 10 seconds then it drops to zero then again normal for few seconds and then zero again all the timeThis is an example while downloading in steam...
  3. Can Windows Download Updates While PC is Off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Download Updates While PC is Off?: When I started my pc, I noticed there was an update that was pending a restart. I'm just kind of curious as to how it downloaded if my pc was off?...
  4. Can Windows Download Updates While PC is Off?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Windows Download Updates While PC is Off?: When I started my pc, I noticed there was an update that was pending a restart. I'm just kind of curious as to how it downloaded if my pc was off?...
  5. Install error - 0xc1900131, while downloading windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install error - 0xc1900131, while downloading windows update.: I was downloading windows update, getting this error screenshot Any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-error-0xc1900131-while-downloading-windows/f88492ac-591c-4178-9d14-992bc31d9085
  6. Install error - 0xc1900131, while downloading windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install error - 0xc1900131, while downloading windows update.: I was downloading windows update, getting this error screenshot Any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-error-0xc1900131-while-downloading-windows/f88492ac-591c-4178-9d14-992bc31d9085
  7. Install error - 0xc1900131, while downloading windows update.

8. Cancel an update while it’s downloading

Cancel an update while it’s downloading: How do i cancel the Windows 10 update, version 1903 after it has started downloading. I don’t see a Pause option or stop option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-an-update-while-its-downloading/cac9dcd0-3c17-49dd-a6f5-316f3493d151
  9. Windows Update Error 0x80200053 while downloading updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Error 0x80200053 while downloading updates: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Firewalls are meant to protect computer systems by monitoring and/or preventing incoming traffic while following set protocols. However, many at times, they become a problem and prevent certain functions of the system. They could cause Windows Update to fail...
  10. windows downloading updates while gaming/streaming?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows downloading updates while gaming/streaming?: does windows 10 download updates while gaming online ? i searched but could not find an answer. I already switched off the peer to peer updates and changed updates to notify. but it sometime feels like i'm getting more lag at times compared to win 8 on the same game servers?...