Windows 10: Update will not complete

Discus and support Update will not complete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LarryRidley, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Update will not complete

there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete

:)

LarryRidley, Aug 11, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update will not complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 "Couldn't complete updates"

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to go to Windows services and restart the Windows Update service and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R and type “services.msc” (without quotes)
    • Hit Enter.
    • Search for Windows Update service in the list.
    • Right Click on it and stop it.
    • Again right click on it and start it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 11, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Update will not complete

Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Update will not complete

1. Update will not complete - Similar Threads - Update complete

2. August 23, 2019 Windows 10 update, How do I undo it completely?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    August 23, 2019 Windows 10 update, How do I undo it completely?: The update from a couple of days ago seems more like ransom ware. I want my computer back with my settings, and for Crying out Loud, I don't ever want Bing or Edge. Is this too new for help?...
  3. Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete.

Microsoft has caught me off got again with an update that is taking HOURS to complete.: The ongoing problem of updates. Today's being measured in hours, not minutes. Laptop is rendered a hostage by Microsoft bring its use to a complete stop. Could you start giving us an idea of the size and duration of updates? Shirt sizes would be OK .. S, M, L, XL, 2XL .. or...
  4. Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out: I am utilizing a Surface machine with Windows 10. This morning everything was working fine and I could sign in using my fingerprint. This afternoon I got a message stating a Pin was required for login, but I do NOT have a pin setup because I disabled that requirement. So it...
  5. Windows Update appears to have completely broken my wifi connection - Constant DNS Errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update appears to have completely broken my wifi connection - Constant DNS Errors: About a week ago the internet (wifi) on my main PC (Win 10 64bit) stopped working. I could still connect to the router and it would show on the task bar as me having a stable internet connection, but nothing that required a connection would actually load. Thinking the issue...
  6. Windows 10 update version 1903. I have tried four times to complete the upgrade but...

Windows 10 update version 1903. I have tried four times to complete the upgrade but...: I am trying to complete the latest Windows 10 update version1903. Unfortunately I have not been able to complete this on several occasions as a failed message comes up. It state this is due to ERROR Oxc190011. Can anybody help me please to complete the upgrade?...
  7. Windows 10 Latest update completely damage my system

Windows 10 Latest update completely damage my system: How can I recover. the system will not enter the operating system. Any Ideas. Windows updates only damage my PC. I do not need to get your updates automatically....
  8. Windows 10 Pro will NOT complete the update. I have paused it for 30 days, but then what.

Windows 10 Pro will NOT complete the update. I have paused it for 30 days, but then what.: Every single time Windows 10 Pro tries to update I get the blue screen telling me how it didn't work and that it is reverting back... (then it locks up on that screen). I have tried 6 times. Is there something I can post here and share to get to the bottom of this? Wife...
  9. Windows 10 1903 Update Fails to Complete Install Process

Windows 10 1903 Update Fails to Complete Install Process: After running Widows update to install Windows 10 1903 on a Surface Pro 1, the process hangs after the first reboot. It is stuck on the screen that says "Working on updates. 0% Do not turn off your PC. This will take some time." Some time is currently 6 hours and the progress...
  10. Windows 10 error “Couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes” every time I start my PC.

Windows 10 error “Couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes” every time I start my PC.: Almost every single time I’ve tried to start my PC in the past 5 months or so, windows has tried to complete an update which hasn’t worked. It always loads the update like normal, before finally saying “couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes” before starting up the PC...