Windows 10: Update Win 10

Discus and support Update Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 is an absolute disaster and the ridiculous issue of 'updates' stuck at 91% has not been properly addressed by MS. Fortunately I have an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by terrylester, May 16, 2021.

1. Update Win 10

Windows 10 is an absolute disaster and the ridiculous issue of 'updates' stuck at 91% has not been properly addressed by MS. Fortunately I have an old laptop running the excellent Windows 7 and will continue to use it. I am contemplating learning Linux and saying farewell to MS permanently. My question is 'How to get Win 10 to update from being stuck at 91%' I've read all the suggestions and they're no help

:)

terrylester, May 16, 2021

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, May 16, 2021
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, May 16, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Update Win 10

dalchina, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Update Win 10

1. Update Win 10 - Similar Threads - Update

2. Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton: I have a question regarding patch information in Microsoft Update Catalog site. For example KB4535680: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 - Microsoft Support , and in this article I can see KB45356803 has been superseded by KB5012170, but I cannot find...
  3. Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Microsoft Update Catalog informaiton: I have a question regarding patch information in Microsoft Update Catalog site. For example KB4535680: Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 - Microsoft Support , and in this article I can see KB45356803 has been superseded by KB5012170, but I cannot find...
  4. I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...: This type or errors are being displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-fixing-my-bsod-bootloop-in-my-laptop/b7d9ce41-f5a0-4199-883e-cd864f0288d6
  5. I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...

I need help fixing my BSOD bootloop in my laptop, it occured after updating the latest...: This type or errors are being displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-fixing-my-bsod-bootloop-in-my-laptop/b7d9ce41-f5a0-4199-883e-cd864f0288d6
  6. Windows 10 updates download faster now

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates download faster now: Microsoft has decreased the size of updates for Windows 10 significantly, which means that they will download faster now. Back in 2021, Microsoft announced that it has cut the size of updates for Windows 11 by an average of 40 percent. The technical article explains that...
  7. Windows Update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update issue: I have this issue whenever I update my graphics driver to the newest version, my windows 11 forces another update after that to update to a lower version of the graphics driver i.e from 31.0.101.5445 to 31.0.101.5333 , this keeps happening no matter what I do....
  8. Windows Update issue

Windows Update issue: I have this issue whenever I update my graphics driver to the newest version, my windows 11 forces another update after that to update to a lower version of the graphics driver i.e from 31.0.101.5445 to 31.0.101.5333 , this keeps happening no matter what I do....
  9. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  10. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...