Windows 10: Update win 7 to win 10

Discus and support Update win 7 to win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well after a success with my 8.1 desktop I have upgraded my win 7 laptop all went well note this upgrade takes three hours worked ok for a while & for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tas Devil, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Tas Devil Win User

Update win 7 to win 10

Well after a success with my 8.1 desktop I have upgraded my win 7 laptop all went well note this upgrade takes three hours worked ok for a while & for some reason apps would only stay open for a second or two very strange decided to do restart it now seems to be working ok, in the mean time the desktop lost internet connection a restart seems to have fixed this as well hope these bugs are rectified soon.

:)

Tas Devil, Aug 7, 2015
  2. papasquee Win User

Can Windows 10 ISO file be used to upgarde Windows 7 Home and Windows 7 Pro?

I downloaded the Win 7 iso because I have 4 PCs to update. I used it to update win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro.

Can I use the same iso to update Win 7 pro and Win 7 Home Premium? Or do I have to download Win 10 Home?

Original title: win 7 to win 10 upgrade

papasquee, Aug 7, 2015
  3. PedroA58 Win User
    Win 7/Win 10 update options

I updated to Win 10 from Win 7 some time back. Prior to the update I made a system image of Win 7. I ran into a problem with Win 10 and to fix the issue I used one of the options that re-installed Win 10. Whilst I saw a warning about the option, I didn't
    comprehend what it was saying. Long story short, unlike the initial Win 10 update which faithfully replicated my Win 7 files, this option only reinstalled Win 10.

Programs such as Excel 2007 which had been upgraded to 2010 etc and all other upgrades were lost.

Can I re-install my Win 7 using the system image and then apply the free Win 10 update, hopefully resulting in a Win 10 version of my old Win 7 programs? Will the system image also have all the emails that were in Oultook 2007? I'm not very PC savvy. Thanks

PedroA58, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Update win 7 to win 10

1. Update win 7 to win 10 - Similar Threads - Update

2. I'm trying to log into my desktop just after a Windows update last night but the login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to log into my desktop just after a Windows update last night but the login...: I noticed this morning my computer was off so I knew an update occured. I turned it on but the login won't come up. I found instructions to get to safe mode and had system do diagnostics and windows troubleshoot. Said fixed registration and something else and to restart. I...
  3. I'm trying to log into my desktop just after a Windows update last night but the login...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to log into my desktop just after a Windows update last night but the login...: I noticed this morning my computer was off so I knew an update occured. I turned it on but the login won't come up. I found instructions to get to safe mode and had system do diagnostics and windows troubleshoot. Said fixed registration and something else and to restart. I...
  4. I'm trying to log into my desktop just after a Windows update last night but the login...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...: Hi,I have several servers that have this version of Curl installed. I want to get my servers updated to the most recent version so my questions are:1. What is the best way to get these servers up to the most current version? It seems we are lacking 11 updates since then.2....
  6. Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...

Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...: Hi,I have several servers that have this version of Curl installed. I want to get my servers updated to the most recent version so my questions are:1. What is the best way to get these servers up to the most current version? It seems we are lacking 11 updates since then.2....
  7. Updating Microsoft Curl to the most recent version. Curl 7.84 <= 8.2.1 Header DoS...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering: I'm currently in a Windows Insider Preview using an ASUS TUF Gaming A17 FA706II/FX706II. Now, the laptop's monitor is now flickering. Despite contacting customer support and doing the troubleshooting steps, none have worked; screen is still flickering. According to the agent,...
  9. After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering

After installing the recent update, the laptop screen started flickering: I'm currently in a Windows Insider Preview using an ASUS TUF Gaming A17 FA706II/FX706II. Now, the laptop's monitor is now flickering. Despite contacting customer support and doing the troubleshooting steps, none have worked; screen is still flickering. According to the agent,...
  10. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...